Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking online but there seems to be no original or aftermarket 3rd row cargo cover for the XK. I often park in less than desirable potential window smashing areas and need something to hide my gear I normally drive around with in the back.

Has anyone found one made for the XK or managed to modify one from a WK or similar? Ideally i'd like something retractable. As a last resort I'll make something with a big piece of pleather and simply attach it on the conveniently placed hooks on each corner.

Links and pics are much appreciated if anyone has any...

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I'm looking for. And just to let you know, I did do my due diligence on searching this and other forums prior to posting. Going back and re-doing the thread search for "cargo cover" it only comes up on page 7 of the results, and was posted in "exterior appearance mods", neither of which make it an easy find.

Nobody makes one for the Commander. But you can adapt one from a Grand Cherokee. If you had used the forum's seach function you would have found this---> http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8569&highlight=cover&page=2

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I'm looking for. And just to let you know, I did do my due diligence on searching this and other forums prior to posting. Going back and re-doing the thread search for "cargo cover" it only comes up on page 7 of the results, and was posted in "exterior appearance mods", neither of which make it an easy find.
Don't worry too much about Jeep5253, his bark is worse than his bite!

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
It was easy for me.:icon_cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been looking online but there seems to be no original or aftermarket 3rd row cargo cover for the XK. I often park in less than desirable potential window smashing areas and need something to hide my gear I normally drive around with in the back.

Has anyone found one made for the XK or managed to modify one from a WK or similar? Ideally i'd like something retractable. As a last resort I'll make something with a big piece of pleather and simply attach it on the conveniently placed hooks on each corner.

Links and pics are much appreciated if anyone has any...
I recently inquired at my dealer parts counter. They said there was one available for the commander but it was over $200. I have heard somewhere that you can use one from a Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
36 Posts
security cover

I bought a jeep grand cherokee cover put two eye screws at either end and then zip tied each to the t anchor (or whatever you call it) behind the second seats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts