Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i already tried searching on here........so
Does anybody have 18" x 7.5 SAHARA wheels on stock XK suspension??
i bought some on Craigslist. the wheels fit...but the tire is too big.. hits ball joint stud.(255 70 18)

what tire size do i need? so it can fit a STOCK suspension,...

tire rack is recommended 225 40 18 or 245 40 18 but that seems too small of a tire....

what are you guys with 18" wheels have as tire size?

i am aware of members on this forum that have all sorts and types of lifts/spacers.. but i im only going to use these wheels for future long distance driving. and next week im driving half state..
i have 24" wheels right now and they are heavy, bent and out of balance, if i take the 24s ill come back with ruined/bald tires..

THANKS

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
You could put some spacers on to move the tire out. That would be cheaper than buying new tires.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Ummmmmm you guys realize a 255/70R18 is a 32.1 inch tall tire right?!?!? That will never fit with stock suspension. He would need a two inch lift plus wheel spacers to run that size tire.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ummmmmm you guys realize a 255/70R18 is a 32.1 inch tall tire right?!?!? That will never fit with stock suspension. He would need a two inch lift plus wheel spacers to run that size tire.
Sorry didnt read that part lol, i just kinda skimmed over it and read jeep5253's post haha. Yeah a 2" lift would be best lol. Even though there is a commander near me thats running 265/70's with stock suspension!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think running a 245/60r18 tire would be the best way to go on stock suspension. Stock commanders with 17" wheels come with 245/65/17 which is a 29.5 inch tire. 245/60r18 is the same thing.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Sorry didn't read that part lol, i just kinda skimmed over it and read jeep5253's post haha. Yeah a 2" lift would be best lol. Even though there is a commander near me that's running 265/70's with stock suspension!!
Hmmm got any pictures of that? I don't understand how 265/70's can fit on a stock commander. I wonder how he turns!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
everything went as planned. i even had time to paint the wheels flat black.
i got a fair price on some used Michelin tires 245 60 18. for $100.

here on some pics...before after

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hmmm got any pictures of that? I don't understand how 265/70's can fit on a stock commander. I wonder how he turns!

He goes to my gym and i saw him one time, but i havent seen him since. Ive been keeping a eye out and will take pics if i see him!

·
Registered
321 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts