Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get a kennel for the XK (for my lab) instead of the hatchbag or canvas back and need to know the dimmensions with the second row up, third row down WxDxH inside the cargo area.

i can't get to vehicle at the moment but would like to know the dimmensions so i can look for crates.

thank you very much.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sciron4x4 said:
If noone responds by lunchtime today, I'll gladly go out and take some measurements.
sciron - thank you very much. i can get to the vehicle now and will measure it today.

i think i want to get a crate of some sort instead of one of the liners as it will keep the dog off the windows, wheel wells and backs of the second seats. will still use a floor liner to put the crate on.

thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
08XKLimited said:
i think i want to get a crate of some sort instead of one of the liners as it will keep the dog off the windows, wheel wells and backs of the second seats. will still use a floor liner to put the crate one.
The kennel is not only the best way to protect the interior of your Commander but it also the best thing for your dog.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jeep5253 said:
The kennel is not only the best way to protect the interior of your Commander but it also the best thing for your dog.
what do you think of the framed soft-sided ones?

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
I have had both the soft and metal but have only used the metal in the car. I think the metal may be better for using in the car, but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinking that the framed soft-sided ones would be good because they would not mar the side panels. the one i am looking at has strap points on it so i can secure it to the cargo tie downs. the others don't look like they have this, but they do have a side opening.

another option would be one of the plastic ones, but they do not have a side opening.

do any of you use pet ramps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts