Jeep Commander Forum banner

Anyone have an aftermarket head unit?

12K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Tristan 
#1 ·
I'd like to see a picture of a Commander with an aftermarket head unit. Are there dashkits out there that will support another head unit/radio in the Commander? I've been searching but so far have come up with nothing. I went to Circuit City and the dash kit they had that they thought would work, actually will not. Any pictures out there would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
rooney2oons said:
It is probably too new to have a dash kit yet.
But with that Aux jack and a mp3 player, who needs aftermarket, unless you are going full blown system with amps, subs and stuff.
I found a dash kit that is compatible with the commander:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n5NgHbRU9ZL/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=142CR1286B

I have the stock radio with my commander w/o nav and want to add sirius but want to be able to see all the channel/song info. So i'm going to swap it out and get a pioneer head unit with sirius.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
HemiCommander said:
I'm with Rooney2oons! Sometimes it is enjoyable to listen to Sirius... like on my way to the office in the morning... listining to CNN and/or Fox is good way to keep up with current events. However, the rest of the time it is cool to have the 6 mp3 disk loaded with my fav mixes.
Yeah, I have thousands of MP3's, but you'll never know what's new unless you listen to what's playing everynow and then; and Sirius plays the latest stuff that hasn't hit the mainstream yet... and that's the reason i'd like to be able to see the artist and song titie, which an aftermarket head unit will do :)

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.