Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jeep dealer in Colorado Springs says he can get and install it (a 2" Terra Flex) lift for ~$500. Anyone had any experience with Terra Flex?

·
Banned
94 Posts
PolarBZ said:
My Jeep dealer in Colorado Springs says he can get and install it (a 2" Terra Flex) lift for ~$500. Anyone had any experience with Terra Flex?
I do not have a lift on my Commander, however ... I did get the Terraflex 2.5" lift on my 2007 Jeep Wrangler. With the 32s, the total lift came in at 4.25"

The parts all fit, the finish was good ... the only issue I had was that it was an early kit (damn all the manufacturers that don't give out measurements and specs on their cars to aftermarket manufacturers before release!), and the way the rear was attached caused part of the suspension to snap off while going around a sharp curve on the side of a mountain. They have since changed the design of the rear mount.

Would I buy from them again?

Yes. They stood behind their product and worked towards a solution.

You're going about it the right way, too. Many people will install the lift themselves or have a third-party install the lift - and there's nothing wrong with that. I had my lift installed by the dealership, and it became part of my vehicle, covered by the warranty. Sure, I could do the work myself ... but that extra layer of protection really paid off in my case!

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
That's what I'm going to do with mine. I'll work on my own cars and tear my Bronco II apart, but since this truck is so new, I'd rather have someone with the right tools and lift install my lift.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anyone else have a Terra Flex Lift Kit. I may have a line on one for $125 and was wondering if its worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have mine and have had no issues.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have this lift as well. I have no complaints about it and did the install myself. Only thing that I had to do extra from the instructions was remove the brake lines from the calipers in order to give the front struts enough clearance to be reinstalled.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts