Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great idea but I think is crazy to pay almost $1000.00 dollars for a light bar with 4 lights. "overpriced"

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I love the looks of this, I have seen the pics, but i cant imagine spending that kind of money for roof mounted driving lights....unless I was racing Baja.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
maybe getlost4x4 could make a similar version for less money?

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
That does look nice, but I would always be worried about thievery... :(
To spendy for my current financial situation too...
Those lights mount to the locking Sport cross bar.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have those locking sport bars on my commander. How much was just the light kit?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Whats the difference in the locking sport cross bars from the stock sport cross bars. Are they hollow in the center to run the wires? Anyone have the locking bar part numbers?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Locking sports bars are heavier duty and can lock with an actual key for security if something is attached and locked to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would think you would need the brackets to attach the light kit too because the light kit is a generic light kit I think. Ill try and fine the light kit number. Are the inside of the locking sportbars hollow to run the wires.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yes they have channels. There is rubber on the tops of them that can be removed, then you can lay in your wiring or attach such things as cargo baskets, the replace the rubber to aviod metal on metal friction.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So is there a regular sport bar too or all sport bars locking? I thought there was the sport bar and the flat stock bar.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the post! I am just worried about the brackets in part e. those dont look like they are going to come with the light kit.

·
Registered
444 Posts
They don't. I just looked them up. 2 sets of lights require 2 light adapter packs. About $430.00 plus taxes for entire kit... 4 lights, 4 brackets and wiriing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
These look sweet! No posts as of late, has anyone installed these? I wonder what the dealer would charge for labor for something like this? I know it's expensive, but I may be crazy enough to do this sometime over summer.............damn those look cool - I bet they throw off a bunch of light!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts