Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have dual exhaust on a 5.7L?

Hey, does anyone have a dual setup in the forum? I was browsing the mopar book today and came across dual's for my commander. I think i'm going to purchase. what are your opinions? yah or nah?

Thanks! -Nick

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: Does anyone have dual exhaust on a 5.7L?

by any chance you take down the Mopar part number for the dual exhaust?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'll write it down tomorrow while i am at work.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here is the product number and a shioty pic of the duals. 5.7L P5153589 (193)
Sugg. Retail $649.00 MYO-2006 MYI-2006

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts

ShinyBlackHEMI said:
Here is the product number and a shioty pic of the duals. 5.7L P5153589 (193)
Sugg. Retail $649.00 MYO-2006 MYI-2006
I WANT....I WANT. Is this a Mopar product?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hey, As far as i know this product is in the mopar catalog and is made by Borla. (Don't quote me though) And yes, it should fit on any commander i would think? what style do you have?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

ShinyBlackHEMI said:
Hey, As far as i know this product is in the mopar catalog and is made by Borla. (Don't quote me though) And yes, it should fit on any commander i would think? what style do you have?
I thought the engines had different diameter exhaust? Would that effect anything?

·
Registered
396 Posts

ShinyBlackHEMI said:
Hey, does anyone have a dual setup in the forum? I was browsing the mopar book today and came across dual's for my commander. I think i'm going to purchase. what are your opinions? yah or nah?

Thanks! -Nick
Definite yay!

Go for it!

·
Registered
556 Posts

donutz said:
will it work for a V6 as well?
Hi donutz,
that quote was refering to rubicontrail's post saying that different engines have different diameters for the exhaust, so no I don't think that particular one would fit right. Hey, don't quote me on it though. Others out there could give a better answer on it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

bravo2376 said:
Hi donutz,
that quote was refering to rubicontrail's post saying that different engines have different diameters for the exhaust, so no I don't think that particular one would fit right. Hey, don't quote me on it though. Others out there could give a better answer on it.
I think this is true. On the old WJs you could spot what vehicles had the 4.0L, the 4.7L, or the 4.7LHO just by looking at their exhaust pipes. Typically, the higher displacement the larger the exhaust pipe diameter to allow better exhaling.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

bravo2376 said:
What would happen if one fabricated this sytem to fit on the v-6?
You won't get any gain from it as the exhaust would still be restricted to the normal diameter from the headers through the cat. It really wouldn't be worth the money from my opinion.

·
Registered
157 Posts

rubicontrail.net said:
You won't get any gain from it as the exhaust would still be restricted to the normal diameter from the headers through the cat. It really wouldn't be worth the money from my opinion.
would you lose any thing from the mod. A performance gain would be great but I also like the look. I would still do it as long as I was not loosing anything.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

bravo2376 said:
If that's the case, you could buy a pipe and weld it on the other side.
Exactly, if you just want the look, heck you could go into Pepboys and buy a length of exhaust pipe and fasten it up under there without really attaching it to anything. It would cost you a little of nothing.

Or why not just go ahead and just build up your own dual exhaust for the 3.7L or 4.7L or whatever.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts