Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for AC Vent Rings (chrome) and can only find one place to get them. AutoXclusive sells them, but they are 249.00 and Plastic...I have a hard time thinking this is the only place/price to get these....Anyone have anywhere else to get these?
Also, Is it possible to buy the fenders with the bolts in them, like the Limited's? I have not been able to find them or even if they are changeable? If so, any idea where and how much?
I have tried all of the internet and this forum....The classifieds section for me doesnt work when I try to access it, any idea on that as well......

Have a 2006 65th Anniversary.....
Thank You.....

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
The fender flares w/bolts are interchangeable with the the ones w/o the bolts, as far as mounting them on your Jeep. You will have to go the salvage yard route to get these. If you go through the dealer, the cost would be around $2,000, including paint! There used to be rings on ebay - I believe they were chrome vinyl. This company also makes chrome vinyl covers for the hinge and bolt heads on the rear window. I think they were located in California. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response.....I did see these on Ebay, but I think these are just Strips..I dont think they are the circular kind to go around the AC Bezel....I will have to contact them and see....The arrow only points to the actual vent part.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fender flares w/bolts are interchangeable with the the ones w/o the bolts, as far as mounting them on your Jeep. You will have to go the salvage yard route to get these. If you go through the dealer, the cost would be around $2,000, including paint! There used to be rings on ebay - I believe they were chrome vinyl. This company also makes chrome vinyl covers for the hinge and bolt heads on the rear window. I think they were located in California. :eek:rangehat:
Wow, 2000.00.....Definitely going to check salvage or Car-Part.com......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey DHH3, I wanted to let you know that I contacted the ebay seller selling the chrome vinyl covers for the hatch and they do still sell the Chrome Rings for the AC Vents.....He is sending me 10 of the for 20.00 free shipping.....Thanks for the info on them....If anyone is interested, hit me up and I will send you the Seller ID for ebay.....If I dont answer on the boards, you can email me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Could you PM me the Ebay seller's ID for the chrome rings? I tried to email you, but the address posted didn't work. Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
JeepJorge------did you find out anything on the AC rings. I'm interested in doing the same if anybody can help a brother out with some info. Thanks and Happy Jeepin Y'all

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
JeepJorge------did you find out anything on the AC rings. I'm interested in doing the same if anybody can help a brother out with some info. Thanks and Happy Jeepin Y'all
I just sent you a PM with the info I have.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys,
The information is below for the AC Rings....They charged me $20.00 for for the rings. They said it would be 8 rings, but I asked for a couple extra just in case, so they are sending 10...Paid via Paypal and they were shipped the next day....Just waiting for them now to see how they look...Hopefully good enough to save from spending the $240.00 for the replacement PLASTIC rings I have come across.....Will update everyone after they are on...PM me if you need anymore info.....

the seller on ebay is blackmattermediagroup

They dont have a listing for the rings on ebay, but if you email them, they get back to you pretty quickly...Any questions, let me know

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rings

If anyone else ordered these, have you tried to install them? They definitely look good and are a great alternative to spending approx 240.00 for the Plastic ones. But, I am having a hard time getting them to fit correctly....They seem to fit around the outer ring, but I keep getting some sections to keep popping up....Anyone have any better luck to installing them or any tricks to make them fit perfectly?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts