Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the truck but the "stance", with the front end tilting down just doesnt look right, espcially with the Rock Rails on the truck. Anyone have the suspension "corrected" to level the truck? I know that it was an easy thing to do on my old GMC pickup, but this is my first Dodge. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Spenser,

From what I have seen via photos on this forum and after speaking with the head engineer Glenn Wakefield at Rocky-Road, after the Rocky-Road lift (2.25" lift) is installed it does raise the front end a bit more level but not completely level. I aslo do not like the front end lean so much and have though about how to leveling it. I want a lift on the vehicle anyway so will most likely go with the RR lift kit.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have the RR lift kit, I like it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
would the 2.25'' lift in the front level it or is that too much?< never measured)

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I think it looks good higher in the back. Plus, if you load up the cargo area or tow something, you don't get that drop butt look.

My 4Runner is also higher in the rear than the front, so maybe I'm just used to the look. Also, the rear end of almost all SUVs tend to sag as they get older. Look at any old 4Runner or Explorer and you'll see what I mean. Maybe that's one of the reasons that so many of the newer SUVs sit higher in the rear. Dodge Durangos have the same type of stance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have to agree with TR4Runner on his comments. I do not know if I would just space the front end. If you ever load the back with a boat or trailer or the cab with anything heavy the truck may look low in the rear end. I measured the distance when I first got it on level ground and it was like a 1.75" differnce from front to back I think, I cannot remember exactly. But I live in Phoenix where 80% of the vehicles are trucks or true SUV's and they all lean forward for loading purposes.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Also, a friend on mine just got a new Trailblazer (which replaced her other Trailblazer that was over the mileage allowance of her lease) and it also sits higher in the rear than the front. I really think that's the normal look for modern SUVs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.