Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 XK Sport - No mods yet...
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone purchased the OME kit recently? It looks like Steel Armadillo has them in stock but I haven't been able to get ahold of them to confirm lead times. Also, if anyone has purchased from them do they include new parts to assemble and mount the shocks/struts and coils or is that sold separately?

If anyone has had luck elsewhere in ordering this kit recently I would appreciate the advice. I was hoping to purchase from RRO but they're 8-10 weeks out at this point the said, and who knows if that gets extended out even further.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,199 Posts
Pretty sure it's spelled "Steel Armadillo"
I have everything stock. Others will respond I'm sure.

·
Registered
454 Posts
There is a guy named kolak who I used.

Contact him.

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Commander Black Pearl Limited 5.7L Hemi V8 4WD QD-II
13 Posts
I recently bought an OME kit from RRO early this summer and it took about 8 weeks to arrive. It looks like delivery times for most things are going to take about 8 weeks or longer nationwide due to the pandemic. I’m still waiting for my cat back exhaust that I ordered 8 weeks ago from another supplier; no news on when it’ll ship since I’ve ordered.

·
Administrator
16,137 Posts
I recently bought an OME kit from RRO early this summer and it took about 8 weeks to arrive. It looks like delivery times for most things are going to take about 8 weeks or longer nationwide due to the pandemic. I’m still waiting for my cat back exhaust that I ordered 8 weeks ago from another supplier; no news on when it’ll ship since I’ve ordered.
@Emtee RRO has always been real slow. The pandemic has nothing to do with them being slow.LOL

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Commander Black Pearl Limited 5.7L Hemi V8 4WD QD-II
13 Posts
LOL! RRO has been ahead of the game I see.

·
Registered
45 Posts
RRO may sometimes be slow but they are responsive and helpful with installation and technical questions and they correct their mistakes. I considered ordering the OME kit from them but the delay and cost pushed me me towards buying their spacer kit. I also bought their rock rails. Both have been great to use.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 XK 3.6L 4WD Base
3 Posts
Hi
not sure if anyone has used this guy but i just found him the other day.

·
Registered
2008 XK 4.7L 4x4 (QT1) Flex-Fuel Sport
15 Posts
A couple "specialty" items, but most of that stuff, (and all of the Moog parts) can be found on Rock Auto at lower prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I just ordered the OME kit from RRO the other day. I think their web designer is stuck in 2002. They were responsive with email enquiries with a quickness, and answered all questions without hesitation. They did say it would be 1-2 weeks (definitely over 1) before the order was shipped, which isn't bad. I'm waiting on parts from a few places,, so I can't be in a rush. We'll see if they deliver on it.

Anyone else in the limbo phase? I'll keep y'all filled in on receipt of shipment.

Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, please see my new thread about RRO.

They are either incompetent fools or dirty liars. Hoping I can find an alternative, FAST, because they already ate up 2 weeks of my time, those @$$#0/3$.

(Grumble)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered each part from the OME kit individually from eBay new after having the exact same problem with RRO. This was during the pandemic also. Supplier from eBay had them to me within a week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts