Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone has put the NGK Power V Core Copper Plugs (name?) in their 3.7L XKs yet and if there was a noticeable performance increase as well as fuel savings.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i like them in my 4.7L

i know it doesn't help any.

i also have them in my 300ZX. it has a 3.0L V6. it runs great with them.

i also had them in a toyota supra motor. 2.8L I6. in this truck. they made a difference in power and economy, when i could keep my foot out of it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
SWEET. Supra motor in a rock crawler. I would be interested in those NGK plugs, go for it AK!!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i thought i had showed it to everyone. i sold it to my brother about 2 years ago. he sold it last spring. the guy he sold it to rolled it 14 times and walked away thanks to my roll-cage.

supra motor.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whats the service interval on the NKG plugs for a 3.7L? I had iridiums in my Trailblazer and they ran over 100,000 miles berfore changing. The stockers are changed at every 30,000 miles right?

I was looking a the NKG since thats who makes the AcDelco plugs I have always ran.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know man. But I think I am gonna break down and add the NGKs to the list of what to put on the XK. Its going into the body shop on Friday for a week to fix my door and I am out of town for 10days so hopefully shortly afterwards I can get cracking on the install. It doesn't look like fun though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just replaced mine with NGK V-Power this morning and the old Champion plugs are totally totally totally shot after 30K.

I am now regreting a bit and may be I should used NGK Indium instead of V-Power since Indium suppose to last longer.

Btw, changing those plugs in a 4.7 is no fun.... not sure about 3.7L.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
supernsx said:
Btw, changing those plugs in a 4.7 is no fun.... not sure about 3.7L.
I haven't changed mine yet, but not looking forward to changing the 16 :eek: plugs that the HEMI has.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts