Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at some 18" wrangler sahara wheels. Anyone running these on their XK? Pics please...if you are. I have read that you need to run spacers for Wrangler wheels to work. I did just buy some SpiderTrax spacers the other day. I also need to install my lift.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did Find this pic of Brianjf's XK with 18" Sahara wheels in an older thread.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I dont see why you would need to run a spacer? I thought that all Grand Cherokee, Commander, and Wrangler Wheels (07 and up) were all the same bolt pattern and high offset...I know the wrangler wheels bolt right up to a WK, or WJ

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I dont see why you would need to run a spacer? I thought that all Grand Cherokee, Commander, and Wrangler Wheels (07 and up) were all the same bolt pattern and high offset...I know the wrangler wheels bolt right up to a WK, or WJ
The slightly wider brake caliper and mounting bracket require additional clearance for the Wrangler wheel spokes to clear.

Rob

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The slightly wider brake caliper and mounting bracket require additional clearance for the Wrangler wheel spokes to clear.

Rob

Yeah...what he said. Lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
heres a couple shots of mine I have the spidertrax spacers on there but that will give you a idea of what they look like.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good! Thanks for the pics. I actually just bought new tires last week and had them mounted on my stock XK wheels.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm considering a set of these since I can pick up a set so much cheaper than Rubicon Wheels with tires. Would there be any down sides having an 18 inch wheel as far as the amount of sidewall that is sacrificed over a 17 inch wheel?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'm considering a set of these since I can pick up a set so much cheaper than Rubicon Wheels with tires. Would there be any down sides having an 18 inch wheel as far as the amount of sidewall that is sacrificed over a 17 inch wheel?
Souldnt be an issue. Your only talking a 1/2 inch of side wall difference between a 17 and 18 inch wheel. Tires for an 18 inch wheel cost more though.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
heres a couple shots of mine I have the spidertrax spacers on there but that will give you a idea of what they look like.

I noticed in your signature that you only have a 2.25 inch lift. Your XK looks huge! Have you upgrade to a 4 inch lift since you installed the Sahara wheels? Also what size wheel spacers do you have? Your tires seem to stick out really far.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed in your signature that you only have a 2.25 inch lift. Your XK looks huge! Have you upgrade to a 4 inch lift since you installed the Sahara wheels?

I wondered the exact same thing.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Those tires are the Fierce Attitude MT's. According to their website, the smallest size they come in for 18 inch wheels is a 275/70R18. Thats equivalent to approx. 33.2 inches tall and 10.8 inches wide. He must have a 4 inch lift in that picture!

·
Registered
423 Posts
07JeepXK, thanks for the input. I can easily score I set of Sahara Wheels with like new Bridgestone AT's for $350 around here. Rubi take offs are around $500-700.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Anytime!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I wondered the exact same thing.
I just received a PM from him. Turns out he had a 4 inch Superlift and a 2.25 inch spacer lift installed at the time that picture was taken. Those tires are 325/65R18's, basically a 35x12.50R18. He mentioned that he just took off the spacer lift and is running the sahara wheels with 32's now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A lift and spacers? Wow, looked nice.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Just curious, how wide are those wheels and spacers? They look nice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts