Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just looking for some pictures and setup info (eg. lift, rims, etc) from anyone who is running and wheeling with this size tyre.

Many Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That size tire is approx. 12 inches wide and 32.6 inches tall. Basically you would need to run a 4 inch Superlift to clear those tires without having rubbing. I'm sure I could fit that tire on my Jeep with my current setup but I have done many mods to be able to fit a larger tire on my Old Man Emu lift. Also you would want a wheel that's at least 8 inches wide (8.5 would be perfect) the back spacing would depend on the amount of lift you have and the width of wheel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a superlift but I haven't installed it yet, I am also looking at running my superlift with my OME MD springs for a little extra lift. Just trying to get everything I need before I pull the trigger.

What mods have you done to fit a larger tyre on your truck? Pinch weld and bumper trim?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If your going with MD OME springs with the Superlift why not get a 305/70R17? Its the same width but about and inch or so taller.

I did the rear AC/Heat delete so I no longer have the lines running behind the passenger side plastic inner fender well liner. Completely cut out the entire pinch weld area which gave me about 2 or so more inches of clearance over just doing the pinch weld mod. I cut my front bumper "the Sal mod" and trimmed the rear portion of the front fender flares. Also I went with an 8 inch wide wheel with 4.5 inches of back spacing which was perfect for my set up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am setting it up to be a tourer so I am worried about the increased load on everything with a 34" tyre diameter.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
What brand tire do you plan on getting?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Good morning adam. Would ya like some coffee?

(Hint: thread title ;))
Haha I knew that Matt. Was just making sure you were paying attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts