Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. If so can you post some photos?

2. Are there any rubbing issues?

3. Did you stick with stock wheels or go custom?

4. If you have custom wheels, which wheels and what size?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's my NEW Commander... 5.7 HEMI Limitted fully Loaded!

I ordered the Rocky-Road lift and the Nitto Terra Brapplers 265/70 RR17. I am hoping to stay with the stock wheels but the place doing the lift thinks the tires will rub, mostly concerned with the fronts. I will kepp everyone posted. I will also post before and afer pics when it is completed :)

Unfortunately, I have to take it back to the dealer today (picked it up last Friday) because the roof leaks on the passenger side front and back, carpets are now soaked. I think perehaps they forgot to silicone the roof rack upon intallation??? It also had 3 little dings in it, so I guess I'll be without my jeep for a few days :

·
Registered
396 Posts
Have you considered spacers? I've heard a 1.25 inch spacer will work. But then I've heard from other sources that it's good to keep spacers at .75 inch or less...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I am now running Bridgestone 265/70R 17 REVO AT's on my Commander. I will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
396 Posts
RR Lift Kit with Bridgestone Deuler AT REVO 265/70R 17’s:

6061 – T6 Aluminum custom wheel adaptors, 1.25 inch

RR Lift kit with stock Forteras:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Spent a fun day on the Big Bear Trails, here are some photos from today. It was snowing this morning, but we were determined to make the trip, and thankfully the trail wasn’t affected by the local weather. I was impressed with the Bridgestone REVO’s. I aired down to 25 psi, the rocks weren’t too big, but I still wanted to maintain ground clearance, and have some give. I’m not expert, so I didn’t want to air down too low, and risk a bead coming off the wheel.

Other drivers seemed happy to see the Commander make its way through the trail, which is rated “most difficult” according to the signage. A couple rocky areas were challenging, but no damage, and the Commander and new lift and tires, made it a pleasure. I found the vehicle overall, much easier and less hair raising to off road than my wife’s Cayenne S, which has now been retired from off roading after many successful excursions…From now on, it’s all JEEP.

A little mud…

Rocky Trails:

Commander waits its turn (Click link to view):

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/SYCOHEMI/1405a1e4.jpg

Articulate:

Home Sweet Home:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts