Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their website says it levels the vehicle. But it also states 2" in the front and 2" in the rear. Most every stock Commander I've seen has quite a bit of rake down in the front????

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
You'll have to add a .25" spacer plate on top of the Rough Country spacers. That's how I leveled my XK.

Now I have the OME 2" lift installed with the .25" spacers. The Rough Country spacer lift is just laying in the garage. Let me know if you're interesed. I'll sell you the set for $100 shipped. You just need to get the .25" spacers for the front somewhere.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
The older Rough Country lifts did not level the Commander but RC changed it and the new kits do level it. I think they made the change 2 or 3 years ago.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I did not know that. That's some good information for everybody to know.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to put just the front lift on first and see what it looks like.
Eventually I'll probably get new springs and shocks.

I lifted the Commander with a jack 2" in the front and it looks right to me doing nothing in the back. But Mine has been stock since 2006 so I'm assuming there is some sag in the front.

Got all the ball joints done though...so now I'll do the spacer lift up front and see how it turns out until I can get some more funds set aside.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I actually just purchased the RC lift and received it today. Hoping I can get it installed this week. I'll post some pics if I can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts