Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Haven't seen anything lately really that I am interested in..... I am a bit disappointed on the lack of XK parts out there, as THIS THING IS A JEEP!! It is meant to be fiddled with...can I get a high five on that one?:confused: or not.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
When everyone predicts doom, gloom and occasionally death, what is there to develop? I think, when it happens ( all things do) then we would see a flood of goodies developed by the after-lifers! But - what would you like to see? I want a locking gas door. I have been thinking about building a shiny chrome locking gas door with a key lock. Or a magnetic lock. I like the magnetic one.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey cico, I agree, it is a bit disheartining to hear so many owners predicting the demise of the XK... Hey, we have all one now, so lets be happy about it!.

Maybe we can throw around some ideas of what aftermarket items we are interested in, if anyone is listening? I would like to see:

1) front mount winch
2) swing-away rear tire carrier
3) lower ratio gear sets ( for those of us with bigger tires)
4) some real grab handle to replace that joke of a thing on the passenger side dash
5) better skidplating
6) dual exhaust kit
7) front and rear bumpers (metal with d-shackles and such)

any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
HEMI said:
Hey cico, I agree, it is a bit disheartining to hear so many owners predicting the demise of the XK... Hey, we have all one now, so lets be happy about it!.

Maybe we can throw around some ideas of what aftermarket items we are interested in, if anyone is listening? I would like to see:

1) front mount winch
QUOTE]

I am so disapointed in AEV. They keep saying parts are coming but I still do not see any and thet do not return phone calls or e-mails. Still holding out for the November release of the winch mount.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Do you mean last November?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not think this has anything to do with the death of the commander line. Companies would still make parts for it because of how many sold to date. That is what I think.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Uber,
That is a hopeful and positive viewpoint. Thank you for not rehashing the "death rattle" of our favorite Jeep.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
HEMI said:
Do you mean last November?? :rolleyes:
Next Month. But by now you would think they would have a release date and maybe pre-orders.

·
Registered
43 Posts
HEMI said:

1) front mount winch
2) swing-away rear tire carrier
3) lower ratio gear sets ( for those of us with bigger tires)
4) some real grab handle to replace that joke of a thing on the passenger side dash
5) better skidplating
6) dual exhaust kit
7) front and rear bumpers (metal with d-shackles and such)

any other ideas?
hey I just found a swing-away rear tire carrier online the other day the link is www.truckcandy.com/TC/Tiregate.htm.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I vote for the winch, the bumpers, and an auxilliary fuel tank.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
That is a great invention but what about the window. Can you still open the window without swing-away the spare tire?

·
Registered
34 Posts
HEMI said:

6) dual exhaust kit

Hi HEMI,

please, where I get that and how I fix it? Have You a picture?

Thanks,
Snake

·
Registered
51 Posts
i would like to see:

1.eibach pro kit lowring springs
2.clear corners.
3.side vents like the land rover
4. performance front and rear sway bar
5.chrome rear end cover
6. black embelms

·
Registered
577 Posts
Snake said:
Hi HEMI,

please, where I get that and how I fix it? Have You a picture?

Thanks,
Snake
Sorry Snake,
That was just a wish list... I don't have those items or pictures of them. I WISH I did :D
Keep looking, somebody is bound to make them some day.
-Hemi

1 - 20 of 24 Posts