Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wrote ARB to ask why they don't make an ARB bullbar for the commander and in my email I wrote:

I don't understand why ARB has not come out with a bull bar for this Jeep. I would definitely purchase one for our Jeep. I had another ARB bullbar on my 87 XJ and it held up really well. I feel let down that ARB would not make a bull bar for this vehicle considering it is a Jeep and one is even made for a liberty?
Thanks Nate ****** 000-555-1212 2006 Jeep Commander XK

The response I received was:

Hi Larry,
We really don’t get many people asking for a Commander bar. Also, we need a world wide market to develop a new bar and it’s just not there for the Commander.

Jim Jackson
President
ARB-USA
720 SW 34TH STREET
RENTON, WA 98057-4814
Tel: 425-264-1391
Fax: 425-264-1392

I was impressed with the personal response except for getting my name wrong. I wonder if enough owners asked for it if they would consider making one ([email protected]) . I think I am being optimistic but it would be nice. Just thought this would be interesting to all the other commander owners out there. Thaks Nate

·
Registered
417 Posts
Unfortunately, I think this would be the same response from lots of aftermarket manufacturers. One question to ask might be how many units they would need to sell in order to make R&D and manufacturing worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I messaged the guy from getlost4x4 to see if he would make the commander bar again. He said he would need 5 people to prepay and he would have to borrow a commander to make it. Any volunteers? He didn't give a price though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi gang,

I just bought a 06 Commander and have been fruitlessly scouring the internet for a bumper similar to the Get Lost. I would most definitely purchase one if he were willing to produce a few! Hell, I'd probably buy two of them! It appears to me that there is just nothing like it out there anywhere, period.

BTW, getting the 2in Daystar lift and bigger tires Tuesday! I've owned the Commander 2 days and the bug has already bitten!

·
1,993 Posts
Hi gang,

I just bought a 06 Commander and have been fruitlessly scouring the internet for a bumper similar to the Get Lost. I would most definitely purchase one if he were willing to produce a few! Hell, I'd probably buy two of them! It appears to me that there is just nothing like it out there anywhere, period.

BTW, getting the 2in Daystar lift and bigger tires Tuesday! I've owned the Commander 2 days and the bug has already bitten!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Jeep. I sent you a PM

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I messaged the guy from getlost4x4 to see if he would make the commander bar again. He said he would need 5 people to prepay and he would have to borrow a commander to make it. Any volunteers? He didn't give a price though.
Hi gang,

Stone Soup Metal Works will make the bumper if there is any interest, He can use my XK for the layout.

http://www.xk-forum.com/showthread.php/443-Stone-Soup-Metal-Works-Front-XK-Bumper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts