Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still on here learning, did a quick search, but nothing pertinent...

So my question is, are the Dodge Durango, the Chrysler Aspen and the Jeep Commander all basically the same vehicle? Do they have the same chassis etc?

They certainly look very similar... excuse my lack of knowledge please...

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Still on here learning, did a quick search, but nothing pertinent...

So my question is, are the Dodge Durango, the Chrysler Aspen and the Jeep Commander all basically the same vehicle? Do they have the same chassis etc?

They certainly look very similar... excuse my lack of knowledge please...
The Aspen and Durango share the same platform. And the Commander and Grand Cherokee have the same platform.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The Aspen and Durango share the same platform. And the Commander and Grand Cherokee have the same platform.
Correct, and all of these cars share the same Engine/Transmission combinations.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Durango/Aspen are on a full frame not unibody, they are about longer and more room in the 3rd row seat. Durango/Aspen are on the same frame as the Dakota truck and as mentioned above the Commander is on the GC... Powertrain is the only thing to compare between these two vehicles. I have had the Durango and now the Commander. I prefer the looks of the Commander, but I will have to say the Durango has a better ride, a lot like the Range Rover LR3. Also if you are looking to go off road, the Jeep is a much better vehicle for this, it is a lot more nimble....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it... so here's another... if the Cherokee and the Commander are on the same platform, do they both have the same 5x127 (5x5) bolt pattern?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it... so here's another... if the Cherokee and the Commander are on the same platform, do they both have the same 5x127 (5x5) bolt pattern?
Yep.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, thanks cico7... the Cherokee are the older pre 02 models aren't they...?

(Still learning - it's my first Jeep - please be gentle)...

I was just surfing www.jeep.co.uk (being as I am from Scotland) and it looks like the Jeep Liberty here in the US is called the Jeep Cherokee in the UK...

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
A Cherokee is still being made in China I heard. The Patriot is a reincarnation of the Cherokee.

So it would not surprize me that a Cherokee is still being made elsewhere.
I loved mine. Wish they still made it.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
it sure does! The Patriot looks like the patriot, the cherokee is the liberty
how confusing!
Confusing.....its not us over here that's making it confusing....It can only be Jeep and they are over there!!! Watch out, they're behind you!!! :stickpoke:

Ha Ha Ha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts