Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know if we can make this a poll question or not, but my wife seem to be convinced that i'm a jeepcommander.com nerd. she say's it to me all the time and i was wondering if anyone else gets the same from there significant other. i try to log on to the site every night after everyone in the house hold is asleep that way it doesn't get in the way of family time and i tried to explain to her all the great info i can find here from asking fellow member without having to visit the stealership, but she say's to me it's still pretty nerdie.

so is anyone else out there getting the same treatment at home? :program:

·
2,248 Posts
Lucky for me that Lee is a bigger Nerd than I am. She spends lots of time online or playing different video games, (X-Box 360, Nintendo, and PC games) on a big screen in the bedroom. I do admit that I spend a lot of time online. Usually I am doing several things at the same time. Answering Email, working on AutoCad drawings, Spreadsheets, and running the forum in the background or on one of the other computers. We usually have three computers going at the same time with several displays. In the new motor coach we are having two separate computer desks built in with very large flat screens for video conferencing so I can cut down on flying around the country.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
My wife doesn't seem to mind how much time I spend on the forum as long as it means we get to go offroad at somepoint.
Huey, what verson of Acad are you running?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
My wife and I, strangely enough, actually MET on car forums (FocusFanatics.com). So I don't think she has anything wrong with these type of sites. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
^^^

My wife and I met through friends of people I met ona car forum (www.newtiburon.com).
I log onto forums most nights... but I spend a lot of time on eBay selling PS3 video games and facebook, networking.

My wife spends just as much time online as I do tho, pretty much...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would say yes I we were talking about World of Warcraft, but I am a pretty smart guy, but not a nerd, I enjoy this site, and if anyone looks at any of the off road pics on this site, they would agree.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I mean, where else could I get the information to tell my wife, that if I add a CAI and a nice exhaust, that I could edge the MPG of our new Commander up to near what I was getting in my Civic Si I traded in... (21mpg was the best I ever got in that Civic), and I am currently at about 15mpg in the Commander now...

Maybe I won't get a 5mpg gain from the CAI and exhaust, but this info makes a more convincing argument to her than just 'I want a CAI and an exhaust'!!! :)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I think the wife would rather I be home and on the computer than out where she did not know what I was doing.

·
2,248 Posts
My wife doesn't seem to mind how much time I spend on the forum as long as it means we get to go offroad at somepoint.
Huey, what verson of Acad are you running?
Adamag,

I have been thru most of the Vesions starting with 1.1A. I started using it when it first came out over 25+ years ago. I first ran it on a Compaq portable, (looked like a sewing machine). It would not work and the Autodesk tech and I worked together to get it to run. I am now using AutoCadLT as I mostly just modify old drawings or give ideals to our engineering staff. I used it over the years to speed up reviews for regulatory compliance on surgery centers.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
More like teck gear heads

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Adamag,

I have been thru most of the Vesions starting with 1.1A. I started using it when it first came out over 25+ years ago. I first ran it on a Compaq portable, (looked like a sewing machine). It would not work and the Autodesk tech and I worked together to get it to run. I am now using AutoCadLT as I mostly just modify old drawings or give ideals to our engineering staff. I used it over the years to speed up reviews for regulatory compliance on surgery centers.
Sounds like you have a couple more notches in your belt than I do. Especially because you have been using cad longer than I have been alive. Not to make you feel old or anything. I have used upto the 2007 version and started with 2000 back in high school. Have you ever done any solid modeling? I don't mean to get off on a side bar here with this topic but I feel it fits in the topic. I used to work with and be a major Acad nerd.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
More like teck gear heads
I agree with that. I like to think i'm a tech kinda guy. I usually can fix most computer problems I come across. I also like to think I can fix most Jeep problems that I come across as well. And with new vehicles there is a nice mix of both together.

·
2,248 Posts
I do not think that we are off topic. The topic is Nerds. I do have solid models although I do not do them. We also use google Sketckup to manipulate the models and create fly thru videos of our product. PM me your email address and I will send you an example. The file is huge but you can download it using Usendit.

Also, as far as me being old, I will not hold your youth and inexperience against you, (famous Ronald Reagan quote)

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
My wife and I are both online almost all the time. She used to sit at her desk and tip tap away, then I got her a new laptop so she could sit beside me at the coffee table and we could tip tap together!

·
Registered
175 Posts
that's funny u say that testa. my wife said the exact same thing to me. hopefully she will get on here and play around abit. and see how cool it is.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
They have really made some great strides in CAD the past couple years. I am still learning the things that have been a part of the program for a while that were lost in a sea of toolbars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts