Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are their any Commander Clubs here in AZ .
One that can help me get comfertable with my new jeep it is my first and hope to do alot with.:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think we should start one, even if it's only 5 people. We could do a meet and greet. I know you Rubicon...Kind of...From AZVJC. PM me if anybody decides to get together, and I'll try my best to make it.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Count me in, Just give me some notice so I can arrnage my schedule.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Actually I think there are six of us...

myself
a49erFootballFan
AJGuy84
Maximo
Shocker
and someone who I can picture their bright colored avatar but can't think of their username (they joined fairly recently)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Make is Seven then - just joined the forum and would love a chance to get the new Commander (Black (saddle leather), Limited 5.7) out and off-road.

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
Here's another new Arizonian(?) Arizonite(?) that just joined over in the Owners Registry.

06 xk

registraion
06 commander blue 4.7
bullhead city az ready to take it out for the 1st time

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
Here's another

DocDT2

2006 Jeep Commander, 4D SD
4WD (QDII), Slate Gray, Leather Interior
4.7 L V8, Moon Roof, 6400# GVWR (Tow Package II?)
Bought used (17K miles)
Tucson (Oro Valley) AZ

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
There must be a sale on Commanders in AZ

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
My Church 4X4 group is going out on the 26th, Your welcome to join us if you want or I can save the trail in my memory and us Commanders can go out on another weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
We are going out to kingman area to find and ghost town, I do not know any more of the details yet by that we will be leaving from the area of 83rd avenue and Thunderbird in Peoria on that morning. We normally get back mid afternoon. I will post more information when I recieve it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sounds good . now to get everyone together , i'm usually avail. on sat. just need a week in advance notice

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I currently work on Friday and Saturday nights so Saturdays normally do not work (This old man needs some sleep). I am trying to change my shft and THEN that would work.

For the trip on the 26th. I am trying to get the night of the 25th off.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I am in the Phoenix Area.

Here are more details on Saturdays trip if anyone is interested:

Well, here it is time for another venture into our beautiful state. This coming Saturday, January 26th, we have planned a run into “one of the most remote areas of the state”!!!

This day’s trip will be guided by our own Fred Brost, a mining engineer and consultant. We need to leave the church’s parking lot as soon after 8am as possible because it will be a long day, probably getting back after dark!!?!!

Bring plenty of food, snacks and water.

Here’s some information about the trip.

The January 26 trip is to one of the more isolated parts of Arizona. Leaving Peoria, we will take Hwy 60 through Wickenburg, "the dude ranch capitol of the world", then through Aguila, "the eagle" and Salome "where she danced", then north west on Hwy 72 to Bouse. From Bouse we'll take a dirt road more or less along the route of a long-gone railroad to the Swansea mine, smelter and town site. Swansea was a copper/silver mine operated off and on from 1862 to 1944. Most of the buildings and equipment are gone but the BLM is restoring the old workers' quarters. Mine dumps, shafts, foundations, etc. remain. From Swansea, we'll follow the old road to the Bill Williams River, a clear, flowing stream in a beautiful canyon with cottonwoods, reeds and cattails. The area is habitat to many species, including wild burro, mountain lion and deer. Depending on the weather and time remaining, we'll return either SE through the Buckskin Mountains to Wenden (near Salome) on Hwy 60 and on home, or cross the Bill Williams River, travel about 10 miles NW along a gas pipeline road through unspoiled desert, then NE along a power line road through the McCracken Mountains, on to Signal on the Big Sandy River, then on to Hwy 93 and home.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
..., we'll return either SE through the Buckskin Mountains to Wenden (near Salome) on Hwy 60 and on home, or cross the Bill Williams River, travel about 10 miles NW along a gas pipeline road through unspoiled desert, then NE along a power line road through the McCracken Mountains, on to Signal on the Big Sandy River, then on to Hwy 93 and home.
I went on a little ride over in that general area yesterday. I took a trip halfway up (to the pull off at the 5 mile marker) on the Harquahala Mountains. I unfortunately do not have my ViAir compressor mounted in the Cherokee yet so I didn't air down (no way to air back up for the 90 mile trek back home) and so me and the Cherokee took quite the bone-jarring ride. Oh well, just motivation for me to find someone to fab my compressor mounting bracket.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Rubi! You should talk to Josh Steele from the AZVJC. He works at a plastic engineering shop, and I saw what he made for his own air compressor. It looks pretty cool. I think his screen name is joshsteele88 or something. He is pretty much always on. Tell him that AJ told you about him, I'm sure he'll hook you up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the rest of the thread...
We should plan something a little less extreme first. I know my XK is pretty capable, but my and others' tires probably aren't ready for too sharp of rocks. Ideas on trails:
Schnebly Hill Road, Sedona,
Castle Hot Springs Road, from Pleasant to Mooristown,
Anywhere up on the rim,
^^^^^Add easy trails you like!^^^^^^

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
AJGuy84 said:
Hey Rubi! You should talk to Josh Steele from the AZVJC. He works at a plastic engineering shop, and I saw what he made for his own air compressor. It looks pretty cool. I think his screen name is joshsteele88 or something. He is pretty much always on. Tell him that AJ told you about him, I'm sure he'll hook you up.
I had actually shot a PM over to Josh a week or so back. He was thinking on whether he could fab what I was looking for.

Do you have pictures of what he fabbed?

I am looking for an L shaped bracket that has holes in it which would set inside the spare tire wheel and fasten to the vehicle using the same thing that holds the spare tire in place in a Cherokee. Then I was going to put a quick disconnect plug so I needed to change the spare I wouldn't have to rip out wiring.

I have a very nice ViAir 450H sitting on the shelf, just need that bracket to continue with the install.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts