Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cranked the tank up this morning to hear a horrible squeal coming from the front end (continued for about 2 miles). Thought to myself 100k time to change the belt no worries. Go buy the belt and decide to give it the once over and discovered a litany of issues that I could have never imagined. Idler pulley FALLS OFF, water pump is leaking, power steering line and transmission return line need replaced, and rear hub is leaking differential fluid all over the passenger side rotor.

Just a reminder to everyone that regular maintenance doesn't cure all and to be kind to the beast or it will leave you on the side of the road with an empty wallet.

Good day fine people.

:drink4::icon_flaming:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thats a lot of issues you have there... leaks suck. And you're right, regular maintenance doesn't cure all. But preventive maintenance will go a lou a lot further. Although expensive and time consuming, but usually worth it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm sure it will be a good reminder though for some of us to give are jeeps a look over. *slowly backs up to go go outside and check the oil..

Just a reminder to everyone that regular maintenance doesn't cure all and to be kind to the beast or it will leave you on the side of the road with an empty wallet.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I like your attitude... It is what it is. Tighten it up, and back on the road!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts