Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done this on another forum and figured why not here, I run a detailing buisness and have seen it all and know how to get out even the toughest stains and know the products and different techniques that work.

So We can use this thread to ask for my help on any problems involving car detailing.

Ask the detailer

Feel free to move thread if its in a bad area.

Let the questions come.:clap:

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Someone managed to smear a piece of chewing gum on the front passenger seat, God only knows how long it has been there, as I rarely drive the XK anymore, but it looks old and my fear is replacing the gum stain with a water stain that this material is quite likely to do... Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hate these cloths seats I have them in both my commanders what i do is take some rubbermaid shampoo concentrate I get mine at meneards put it in a squirt bottle dilute it 2 cap fulls to the rest water and shake it up than spray it on let it sit for 30 mins and come back with a white rag softly scrub and repeat if necessary.

if that doesnt work zep cleaning products makes a liquid nitrogen freeze spray that makles the gum hard and than you can pop it off.

Hope this helps :)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
if that doesnt work zep cleaning products makes a liquid nitrogen freeze spray that makles the gum hard and than you can pop it off.
Hope this helps :)
+1 on the freeze. I use the canned 'air' for blowing dust out of electronics - you just invert the can and spray the liquid on the gum.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Detailer's thoughts on Dr. Colorchip?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have yet to use that For chips and things I use bondo glazing products and fill in the hole and aply a few coats of primer than sand very carefully around the edges for the paint to adhere to and it all blends in real well :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
When I picked up my new tires I just threw them in the back without thinking. Now there are black marks all over the head liner. Any suggestions? Also, the black on the dash is fading in a couple areas by the control nobs. I used Armor all to clean it up a bit, but it did not fix it.

thank you!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would say for the headliner rubbing alcohol th stuff does wonders on mine and it evaporates so it does not leave a water stain behind,

the knobs i would go get some mothers back to black and try that

hope that helps

keep the questions coming

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is one for you. My seatbelts are absolutely disgusting. Covered in stains from red clay!!!! Any thoughts? I know that you have to be very careful with seatbelts. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha I hate those dirty seatbelts. First go get yourself some paper towels and lay them on the corresponding seats with the dirty seat belts, get a spray bottle fill it up 1/3 way with rubbing alcohol, than add another 1/3 of your favorite shampoo i use rubbermaid auto carpet shampoo, then fill rest with water shake it up real well, spray on seat belt let soak for a little bit, scrub with scotch brite pad, and repeat than vacuum than your done.

Hope it helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts