Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at WAM Bumper's shop today having my custom front bumper installed and thought I'd document the experience for anybody that is thinking about purchasing a bumper from them.

This is a pretty good size operation that is growing, the staff is friendly and their customer service is exceptional.

WAM also now has a website that is up and running;

Heavy duty bumper for however you use your custom truck

or Facebook:

WAM Bumpers

This is WAM's contact information;

WAM Bumpers
7687 McKay Industrial Drive
Douglasville, GA 30134

Phone (770) 875-1976 or
(770) 876-0300

Here are some pics I took this morning; I only have pictures of the shop where they are doing the install, but they also have 2 other buildings on this property where they have other fabrication and install work going on - and a full paint booth.

WAM's front building & bumper install shop;

Inside the shop;

Smittybuilt 9500 XRC Winch with synthetic line

Andre, one of the Fabricators here at WAM who is working on Big Blue along with Natalie.

Reactions: mb1k

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the cutting begins....

This made me a little sad.....but it had to be done;

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grinding...

Andre's still grinding;

Here is Natalie and she is more than just an office person that takes your phone calls and gives quotes;

Natalie is a welder / fabricator and she is the one that fabricated my bumper;

Here is Natalie's finished product - she does grade A work;

She's awesome, that's all I can say.

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cutting complete.

Well, the cutting is complete;

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wiring the lights;

Wiring up the lights and mounting the winch;

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting ready for install....

Almost ready for install;

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A new look starting to take shape;

What a completely different look......WOW.

Can't wait to see her all buttoned up;

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And we have lights;

Reactions: DKloud216

·
Registered
176 Posts
Outstanding!!

Great that you got to be there to document the install and see the process. That is a great looking bumper - seems well built and fits the Commander's lines really well. You'll like the synthetic line on the winch when you use it for the first time - easy to handle and most importantly far safer than a steel cable.

Congrats Blue!! :thumbsup:

Bob

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Outstanding!!

Great that you got to be there to document the install and see the process. That is a great looking bumper - seems well built and fits the Commander's lines really well. You'll like the synthetic line on the winch when you use it for the first time - easy to handle and most importantly far safer than a steel cable.

Congrats Blue!! :thumbsup:

Bob
Thanks Bob, it was cool to drive down to WAM Bumpers and meet everyone.

The install took a little longer than expected as there were some issues mounting the winch motor in the right spot - but Natalie and Andre got it ironed out.

More importantly, I promised everyone here on the forum that I would check out WAM's operation for myself and give my feedback when it was all said and done - and I feel after being there and watching them work, that I can say, they are legit and there customer service was excellent.

I'm going to snap some daytime pics tomorrow and I'll probably post them tomorrow evening.

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thanks blue.. you are awesome!!

did the weight of the bumper lower your ome lift any? in the front?
1/8 of an inch by my measurements housedl - that's it.

The distance between the bottom/center of the fender flare to the top/center of my front tire went from 6 1/8 inches to 6 inches.

The 1/8 inch drop is not even noticeable to the naked eye.

Reactions: ulv

·
Registered
68 Posts
1/8 of an inch by my measurements housedl - that's it.

The distance between the bottom/center of the fender flare to the top/center of my front tire went from 6 1/8 inches to 6 inches.

The 1/8 inch drop is not even noticeable to the naked eye.
your truck has a nice rake to it..

i hate it when the fronts look higher than the rear.. seems that the wranglers guys do this all the time.. it looks horrible in my opinion

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
your truck has a nice rake to it..

i hate it when the fronts look higher than the rear.. seems that the wranglers guys do this all the time.. it looks horrible in my opinion
I agree with you.

Here are some pics with a little more daylight;

·
Registered
143 Posts
Awesome! I was hesitant about the bar when I was talking to Natalie about designing one for my XK, but I will definitely go with this bar.

If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you to do the complete install with wiring everything up and the install?

·
Administrator
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
wow blue amazing work..
Thanks FB.

This was a long time coming.

It's nice to finally have it done and off of my to-do list.

I added some D-ring inserts & nylon washers to try and protect the shackles from getting beat up;

TwoBobsXK likes this.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I know it was pretty dry while you were back Blue. What I would like to know is if the new bumper and the cutting has improved the flow of water when you hit standing deep water. On my 06 it just shoots the water over the windshield making it impossible to see for a coupe seconds.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts