Last week I was able to get the car through the safety inspection and complete the title transfer and registration... so we have plates and are legal to be on the street! It actually drives pretty well with the exception of wheel shake at 65mph... figure that's the rotors..
bear with the list, this is helping me organize things! initially hoped to keep it under $3k all in, and it looks like I can get there..
to date I have done the following
- Replaced taillights
- New cam/crank sensors (cleared check engine light)
- Oil change
- air filter change
- new wipers
- new plugs with coil packs
- new battery
- polished headlights
- removed 3rd row seats
- cleaned sunroof drains
- removed alarm system
- made a pass with rubbing compound over hood and quick rubdown of wax
- about 10 hours of running an "ozone generator" to remove smell
- replaced shifter knob and ac vent with ebay parts
what I have on order from rockauto to do next
- front rear brake pads and rotors
- new front differential mounts (front end "clunks" when driving, or shifting park to reverse to drive) - going to be a fun one, have to completely remove front diff to replace...
- new upper control arms and ball joints (a "might as well" replacement when doing the diff mounts)
- serpentine belt (weird squeak holding me off from doing this, either A/C compressor or harmonic balancer)
- Transmission filter and service
- replace window washer pump
- special glue for rear window defroster tab back on
- ordered new carpet for interior and 100sf of sound deadening
- ordered new cheap apple car play stereo, sub amp, and backup cam (have a sub already)
- ordered 'chiclet' buttons for trip computer on dash (existing are scratched up, off)
3 trips to "pick and pull"s rewarded with
- missing headliner "park assist" piece (there was just a hole in the headliner for it)
- new vents for rear console a/c ($130 on ebay, $5 at pick and pull)
- gear/cog for recirc/fresh air door that was removed
- drivers door window switch/door lock block (to see if that fixes the front windows that wont open)
- glovebox door (interior piece of mine was snapped off)
Things that scare me a little
- if there is not a 'simple' fix for the windows, (switch or motor) it may be an under dash "junction box" .. would need to replace that and I will be challenged to find one at a salvage yard that matches -update - purchased a few junction blocks from pick-pull this week to hopefully resolve
- may be a rear main seal leak, not enough for any drops on the ground but I see some oil on the crossmember.. will clean it up and see what happens (no plans there, oil is cheaper than doing that)
- sunroof still leaks a little, drains run free, so will remove interior trim and see if there is more I can do there, may take it to glass shop and see about replacing or adding weatherstripping
- may run back out to pick-n-pull for a front bumper cover, there was one out there in pretty good shape...
- I Noticed what may be a leaking shock on the rear... front has bilsteins, doesnt look like the back does...