Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about it and said whynot, I had these lights on my bike but figured they would get more use on the jeep. THey are strip lights from superbrightleds.com waterproof and all. They are just thick enough that all you need to do is wedge them between the bumper and headlight.

This last one is blurry but you get the point lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looks great, is there any gain visibility wise with these? Just currious, or is it so other cars can see you better?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I did these, but used longer strips:

It's near impossible to judge from the pictures, but I think that they make you much more visible from the front. Plus, they make you appear "non-normal" (especially since there is a color differential between the headlights and LEDs), which makes people pay more attention to you psychologically. I wired mine a little differently than the OP - I wired mine to the headlight power leads, so they are only on when the headlights are on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine are noticeable during the dawn/dusk hours the best. I havn't had a chance to see how far distance wise they are visible in normal daylight. They are mainly directional so its more of an accent. At night they do create that extra light spectrum that attracts your attention. Even with the lights on in the daytime. I was gonna get longer ones to fully go under the headlight but I have to check the measurements again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i like this idea and think i will copy but modify it a bit. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
389 Posts
How hard is the wiring on this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts