Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the 2006 Commnader that houses a basic Stereo w/ AM/FM 6 disc MP3 options. It is NOT a satellite ready radio, and Does not have upgraded Sound package (Boston or Infinity). I would like to replace the radio w/ one that had:
1. Auxillary Audio in component for my Ipod
2. Satellite ready
3. Bonus if it were Blue tooth ready (hands free function w/ sound through car speakers)
4. Bonus if it worked w/ sterring wheel controls

Do you know of good solution to incorpoprate above without many visible wires, and without destroying the look of my existing dash?

• Can you use later year Jeep radios - or does it HAVE to be 2006?
  • Can you pull 2006 Chrysler radio out of another car and place in Jeep? (ie. friend has 2006 Chrysler 500 w/ same shape radio which solves issue of messing up dash that is satellite ready and has auxillary) - If so, where do you get these?
I do not necessarily need Navigation OR DVD in radio

I am trying to avoid a small after market radio that never looks right installed due to materials used to modify hole OR keeping the existing radio w/ lots of cords and extra equipment setting around my dash for satellite; i-pod and bluetooth! If you have any suggestions/experience I would love to hear!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Your radio is satellite ready. The sirius receiver unit resides under the step plate for the third seat on the passenger side. You would need to purchase the sirius head unit which comes with the roof antenna. The antenna mounts on the center of the roof, about a foot back from the hatch opening. You would also need to purchase the installation kit for the Commander. This harness runs from the sirius receiver and plugs directly into the back of your radio and you use the Mode button on the left side of the radio to control the sirius radio. No visible wires! All 06 Mopar radios will be like this. I believe in 08 the sirius receiver was integrated into the radio, but these radios will not fit the dash opening in an 06 or 07 without modification. Have fun out there! :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
809 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts