Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video taken in late Novemeber 2011.
When you fit the snorkle to these 3 liter V6 Mercedes diesels you can really hear the turbo cackle when you put them through their paces.
This engine has been chipped so it now gets about 600nm torque compared to 500nm out of the stock V8 5.7lt.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aussie Jeep Commander Hill Climb - part 1

Here's another hill climb I did that weekend. The previous car that went up, A Nissan Navara blew a front axle housing and spilt his diff oil over the track. That’s the cars you see at the start of this video before he tried the ascent.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Awesome videos!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a cool rear bumper he has.
Thanks, It's a fibreglass rear bar I made myself in September last year. It's extremely light and very strong and can take some really hard knocks. I'm planning to make a similar front bar next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Multihull, nice videos. I have just bought similar model car, colour and I am in Brisbane. Very new to a Jeep (Prado before) may have to have a chat some time if that is OK

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's another from the same weekend and coming back down one of the hills.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Multihull, nice videos. I have just bought similar model car, colour and I am in Brisbane. Very new to a Jeep (Prado before) may have to have a chat some time if that is OK
Not a problem, send me a PM and we can catch up and maybe we could head up to the Glass house Mountains or somewhere near by for some 4x4ing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Those videos are great! I wish I had the guts to put mine through that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another pic from a few weeks ago at a 4x4 Park 2 hours inland from Brisbane.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Janowen Hill - track 67

Here's a link to a video from this week end. I'll also be posting a few more YouTubes or you can go direct to my YouTube at "TheMultihull" to see a few more video of my diesel Commander in action.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here's another with my Diesel Commander stuck in a very slippery, steep sided rain forest gully. It took me about 8 attempts to get her out. Note how much the car is just slipping around on the tracks even before I slide down into the gully and check out the river of mud that races down the wheel ruts. Fun stuff!
http://youtu.be/kRFHpk4DyT0

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Here's another with my Diesel Commander stuck in a very slippery, steep sided rain forest gully. It took me about 8 attempts to get her out. Note how much the car is just slipping around on the tracks even before I slide down into the gully and check out the river of mud that races down the wheel ruts. Fun stuff!
http://youtu.be/kRFHpk4DyT0
Here is multihull's video:

·
Registered
83 Posts
big thumbs up!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beach driving on the Worlds largest sand island - Fraser Island

Here's a few shots of the Commander on a family camping holiday on the world's largest sand island, Fraser Island Queensland Australia. This island is about a 3 1/2 hour drive north of my home in Brisbane on our sub tropical coast. It never gets too cold and the camping is great in the dunes just up from the beach. There's also great surf fishing and excellent whale watching especially on the northern beaches where the water is flat and glassy and the whales play within 50m of the beach. You get on and off the island by a barge service.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Testing out the new BullBar & bash plate

Here's a few photos from last weekends outing north of Brisbane at LandCruiser Mountain 4x4 Park.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A few more from LCMP

A few more from LCMP

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Awesome pics ! Thanks for posting.