Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - is there anyway to get the auto reverse tilt mirrors for the 08 Commander? There is nothing in the owners manual and I have seen a few here that have it (on the earlier models).

Thank you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you have the limited, your dealer should be able to enable them for you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeap......

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have an O8 Overland and I had them do it to mine. Don't be surprised if they know nothing about it. I had to have the service manager come out with the programmer and figure it out for the first time. I also had them activate daytime running lights. However, be aware that this one you can not change back once you do it, the mirrors you can. Don't know why you'd want to, but just letting you know. Happy motoring

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I read somewhere else in here that you had to have the memory seat option for the mirrors to work.

When you put it in gear, do the mirrors go back?

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Yes you have to have the memory function that is on the Limited and Overland. When you put the vehicle in reverse the mirrors tilt down and when you take it out of reverse they tilt back to the original position.

·
Registered
69 Posts
FYI....The time to tilt down in reverse is a pain to wait and I know some other members mentioned that it defeats the purpose if you are using your mirrors to backup in order to tow something, etc.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I liked mine at first, but I think they are more functional not tilting (but, I rarely use them for parking). At my next service I will have them disabled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts