Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have the numbers figured out.

The complete kit with upgraded 10 ga. skid plates.

Kits include the following:

*1/8" skid plate
*Timer kit- inline pump, timer, filter, gauge, sending unit & all other mounting hardware.
*Tank

All you have to do is use a few screw drivers, a drill, and wrenches for install.

2-3 hours install.

Price for 5 people in group buy- $840
Price for 10 people in group buy- $799

shipping depends upon your address. please figure around $90-$150 for shipping.

GROUP BY ENDS ON MARCH 31 AT 12.00 PM.

THANKS

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Expect Delivery no later then 1 month after the buy ends.

*these are sold as 25 gallon units. but they actually hold about 30 gallons.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I need to get a second job and make some more money.

·
2,248 Posts
Ross,

You did a good job negotiating the price down for a group buy. My bill for the parts and install was $1,000.

My breakout was tank........................................$365
Timer Kit, pump, gauge, hardware parts......$325
Skid plate..............................................$69

Parts Total...................................,.....$759
Tax....................................................$58
Parts with tax.....................................$817
Labor to install....................................$183

Total...............................................$1,000

I was waiting to give these numbers out till after you worked out the kit pricing. You kit pricing is better than I thought you could do. Good Job.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
My wife is going to shoot me! I told her I was pretty much done with mods to the XK. And now this awsome deal pops up. Kids college fund....dad's spare tank.

Hmmmm.

Bill, can you give us some more updates on how it has worked out. Any more vacuum issues in the tank? From empty, how much total fuel can you carry in both tanks...ie, what does the pump say at the gas station 50gal $100.00?

·
2,248 Posts
I have had no more issues with the gauge going to zero or the light coming on. I am about to refill it for the first time in the next day or two. I think that it holds right at 50 gallons. I can say that I am now ready to take off in the desert with no worries about having enough fuel to go in any direction or to follow any road to its end. Even if I do get a reoccurance of the confused computer I do know that I have more than twice as much gas as before.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I want one, the timing is not good but I have a month to figure it out I guess.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had them upgrade the fuel skid plate. they told me yours is 16 gauge, they upgraded to a 10 gauge skid for the rest of us. i told them i knew Phunkey would have a hole in his with in a week. and i would find some rock to test it one and spill a few hundred $$$ of gas on a trail.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Arghh, now I know I need to find a job so I can buy this!

·
2,248 Posts
Now I guess I have to get a heavy duty skid plate to keep up with Phunkeydude. His will probably have pink stripes of paint transfer from running over them pink jeeps. However he will be able to drive from Albaqurqueque. Albuquer,,,,,New Mexico to Sedona without refilling

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
or quit buying the newest techno toy. :stickpoke: I see you got a kindle 2.
Crap! You got me! And its awesome. Hence the reason I want a mobile jeepcommander.com site.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts

·
2,248 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
I have had several fellows on the Forum ask me about getting the Auxillary gas tank. Since Ross is not involved in reselling this kit I will post the direct contact information on where to get the kit that I have.

The owner's name is Jake. He did a great job for me and I feel a little disappointed that he has not had much if any business after putting the kit together for us.

Areotanks
379 S Sierra Way, Suite A
San Bernardino, CA 92408
(909) 388-0002

If putting his contact information on this thread is against the rules then please delete it. My reason for posting it is to help the guys that want one.

I have no financial connection to this product.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts