Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used 06 limited Hemi that has a rear dvd entertainment system. It appears that it has AUX inputs(at the rear passengers knees), do these feed the whole cars sound system? The dealer was clueless.

I would like to use them for my ipod, would this work?

thanks!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes, but not if you have the REF single disc radio. That one wont play the DVD through the stereo, headphones only, but all of the other radios will.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Aux-in on rear dvd entertainment?

ktek01 said:
Yes, but not if you have the REF single disc radio. That one wont play the DVD through the stereo, headphones only, but all of the other radios will.
How can i tell if its single disk? This commander has a NAV system if that makes a difference.

I am going back to the dealer again tomorrow to look it over again before i make an offer.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I just purchased this to attach to my NAV radio for my IPOD

eBay item #150100912120

It work if you have the NAV & DVD Player

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like that accessory!! i don't like the mopar part cause i like operating my ipod from its interface not the radios. please update me on how you like it installed!

However, I don't think it will be needed cause i can just use the AUX jack, assuming its stereo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tried it out at the dealer today, it worked great, sound system is very nice. (i can only tell when i have my own music to play on it.

anyone know how much additional wireless headsets cost??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeep5253 said:
2 pair of wireless headsets are included with the DVD system. Don't let the dealer tell you otherwise.
There are two sets in the truck, i was just thinking in case i want more. i couldn't find them on the mopar parts site.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Additional headphones are listed for $61 each in the Mopar catalog, Mopar Super Center has them for $50. http://moparsupercenter.com/ didnt find them listed under Commander, but go to Dodge Caravan, 2007, click on the first all, then Audio/Video/Electronics and it is the second item down. The picture is incorrect, it shows the older RF headsets, but the part number is correct for the IR headsets and all current models use the same set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts