Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could i get and AUX jack installed into my 06 jeep commander? i dont have the whole dvd set up and the fm transmitter doesnt work very well in my area. if anyone has solved this problem let me know! i want to use my ipod

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I did check that out a while back. There is a site that might help. www.installer.com . You may need your head unit model number which is found on the front under the tuning knob. its three letters like RAQ or similar. I didn't end up buying because I have the factory DVD setup and figured out how to plug into it with my handheld device. If I remember correct, there is an unused plug-in in the back of your factory deck (intended for DVD player) that you would plug your purchased adapter harness into. If your like me, you'll likely want to call the phone number on that site to ask for the right harness as there listing can be confusing and vast. Hope this helps!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
could i get and AUX jack installed into my 06 jeep commander? i dont have the whole dvd set up and the fm transmitter doesnt work very well in my area. if anyone has solved this problem let me know! i want to use my ipod
Mopar makes one: 82210848AB. I believe it plugs into the back of the radio and the end stays in the glove compartment, where you would plug in your i-pod.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
809 Posts
..If I remember correct, there is an unused plug-in in the back of your factory deck (intended for DVD player) that you would plug your purchased adapter harness into...

Mopar makes one: 82210848AB. I believe it plugs into the back of the radio and the end stays in the glove compartment, where you would plug in your i-pod.:eek:rangehat:
Here's a pic of the pin/harness that the above kit works with. Very easy iPod integration, great reception. Not sure how that pin/harness-port could work with the SAT or DVD, though.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts