Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience. I've been looking at that tank for awhile and waiting for someone on the XK/WK forums to try it out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would like to know how the install goes. Been eyeballing that aux tank with some ideas of exploring on your side of our state.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to know how the install goes. Been eyeballing that aux tank with some ideas of exploring on your side of our state.
I will upload some pics when I receive the tank. Not sure after that when I will do the install with winter setting in. I need a nice warm shop :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I will upload some pics when I receive the tank. Not sure after that when I will do the install with winter setting in. I need a nice warm shop :)
Awhile back I contacted them about the price on the tank kit and I seem to remember them mention quite a long lead time. Shipping from Australia on the slow boat, to California then trucked to address. What kind of shipping did the give you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awhile back I contacted them about the price on the tank kit and I seem to remember them mention quite a long lead time. Shipping from Australia on the slow boat, to California then trucked to address. What kind of shipping did the give you?
SHIP VIA
YRC Motor Freight
SKU ACTIVITY QTY RATE AMOUNT
JGCHPWH Tanks:Long Range Fuel Tank for Jeep Commander
LRA Aux Tank for Jeep Commander XH 2006-2009
29 - twin fuel fill
1 1,695.00 1,695.00
Sales
Black November Holiday Group Buy
1 -200.00 -200.00
Sales
Shipping to commercial address (fork lift on site)
1 158.00 158.00
Sales
SHIPPING WAIVED as thank you for helping with
installation instructions, photos, etc. THANK YOU
STEVE
1 -158.00 -158.00
PAYMENT 1,495.00
BALANCE DUE $0.00

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
SHIP VIA
YRC Motor Freight
SKU ACTIVITY QTY RATE AMOUNT
JGCHPWH Tanks:Long Range Fuel Tank for Jeep Commander
LRA Aux Tank for Jeep Commander XH 2006-2009
29 - twin fuel fill
1 1,695.00 1,695.00
Sales
Black November Holiday Group Buy
1 -200.00 -200.00
Sales
Shipping to commercial address (fork lift on site)
1 158.00 158.00
Sales
SHIPPING WAIVED as thank you for helping with
installation instructions, photos, etc. THANK YOU
STEVE
1 -158.00 -158.00
PAYMENT 1,495.00
BALANCE DUE $0.00
That's going to be quite a bit of extra weight when it's full, since you are basically doubling your fuel capacity.

I'm interested to see how your install goes though, so, please post plenty of pics and a detailed write-up if you don't mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's going to be quite a bit of extra weight when it's full, since you are basically doubling your fuel capacity.

I'm interested to see how your install goes though, so, please post plenty of pics and a detailed write-up if you don't mind.
The tank alone is probably 100lb, add 29 gallons in reserve tank 174lb. I will end up installing some airbags with a remote air pump after the install. Maybe remove rear seat to save some weight.

Yes I will take pics and I write up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Slightly off thread, what kind of airbags do you foresee using? My commander has become the camp trailer tow vehicle. the amount of torque I have to put on the ez lift to level out the Jeep is ridiculous. Any thoughts on a heavy duty compressor for airing up tires also?

·
Registered
76 Posts
There was a guy on here a few years back, I think his name was Huey? that had an extra fuel tank in the spare tire well. I’m pretty sure he had it custom fabbed. Anyway, it’s heavy, but it greatly extends range if you’re out in BFE. I can never get more than 200 miles out of a tank with my lead foot.

·
Registered
371 Posts
That is odd. I get about 300-325 combined highway and offroad. Perhaps you have sensors in need of service.

·
Registered
480 Posts
That is odd. I get about 300-325 combined highway and offroad. Perhaps you have sensors in need of service.
Miles or kilometers? I also see about 200 miles per tank, up to 300 if I'm cruising on the highway trying to hypermile.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Miles or kilometers? I also see about 200 miles per tank, up to 300 if I'm cruising on the highway trying to hypermile.
No that is converted to miles. When I go hunting, I drive about an hour and a half each way on the highway and about 30-45 minutes in and then out on trails. So far, my best total to a tank was about 550 km's.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No that is converted to miles. When I go hunting, I drive about an hour and a half each way on the highway and about 30-45 minutes in and then out on trails. So far, my best total to a tank was about 550 km's.
From what I've seen, the Hemi is sensitive to the different fuel blends, Summer vs winter and E amount. Both the Commander and my wife's Durango get a mile or two per gallon better during the winter. I've even tried clear gas in the Durango, (slight bump but not worth the cost difference). I would guess Canada has different fuel standards, making the Hemi more efficient. Of coarse big tires, aggressive tread, higher wind profile all help to keep the gas stations busy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts