456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Navigation is DVD? Does that mean you can't use your navigation system and a CD/DVD at the same time? That would suck big time.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Dabitz said:
Navigation is DVD? Does that mean you can't use your navigation system and a CD/DVD at the same time? That would suck big time.
You put in your route and it downloads the area surrounding your route to the hard drive.

It wouldn't be a big deal to me because I have ripped all my CDs to MP3 so I would be listening to them or satellite radio.

In the six months of owning my Commander, I haven't even used the 6-disc of the navigation system yet. I have just been using the satellite radio. For all I know the CD player might not even work. ;-)

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I too have never used my CD player, with the options available on satellite radio I may never need t.

·
Registered
17 Posts
just some info on the fitting. i will be installing the d-3 at the end of the month, if you have a base model like me with a stock radio you will purchase a factory factory dash trim for the nav. then all you need is the install kit and wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
hslsrt-4 said:
just some info on the fitting. i will be installing the d-3 at the end of the month, if you have a base model like me with a stock radio you will purchase a factory factory dash trim for the nav. then all you need is the install kit and wiring harness.
Make sure you take lots of photos as you will be the go to guy for the next person who wants to try this install. Note any special wire connections which do not agree with the installation instructions.

·
Registered
157 Posts

I got the D3 put in last week. so far I love it. the only thing I dont like is if youhave a DVD or CD in you have to take out the Nav DVD. I have a ipod cord hooked up I just have to buy a new Ipod know. but I think it looks great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, looks great. I just bought a 2007 commander, and was doing a search to install teh AVIC-D3. Looks like you have the production bezel and some added spacers to fill the gap around the edges. Where did you pick those up? Is this part of teh install kit? Also, curious if there were any wiring issues you had?

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
47 Posts
BrandoCommando said:
Wow, looks great. I just bought a 2007 commander, and was doing a search to install teh AVIC-D3. Looks like you have the production bezel and some added spacers to fill the gap around the edges. Where did you pick those up? Is this part of teh install kit? Also, curious if there were any wiring issues you had?

Thanks,

Brandon

here is the bezel: justforjeeps.com/aurarecamwcd.htm

i really want to install a d3 so anymore help would be great!

·
Registered
157 Posts
BrandoCommando said:

Thanks,

Brandon
no wiring issues. except i dont have mine hooked up to read the cars gages like speed and rpm's. I got the nav bezel from the dealership and the plastic piece around the unit cost 20$ froom clifford. i hope that helps

·
Registered
157 Posts
JohnnyBighead said:
what wiring harness and all of that did you get? do you have the boston speakers?
no bston sound system. iknew i would upgrade so I did not want it. you may have to rewire if you have the upgraded sound system. the wiring harness I got from best buy. I did not put it in I had someone do it for me.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
hslsrt-4 said:
I have the base like you-- Bought the AVIC-D3, Dash Bezel, install kit and Metra XSVI-6502 harness.

I'm ready to install except the XSVI-6502 doesn't wire in the speed sensor input wire or the reverse input wire from the AVIC-D3.

Read several responses but haven't seen a solution or procedure for these two circuits. The CHTO-01 would connect them up, but it is designed for the vehicles w/prem. sound and/or existing NAV units.

Have you installed your unit yet and am interested to know what you did about the speed and reverse head unit wires.

THANKS

·
Super Moderator
14,963 Posts
MUDDTERRAIN said:
I have the base like you-- Bought the AVIC-D3, Dash Bezel, install kit and Metra XSVI-6502 harness.

I'm ready to install except the XSVI-6502 doesn't wire in the speed sensor input wire or the reverse input wire from the AVIC-D3.

Read several responses but haven't seen a solution or procedure for these two circuits. The CHTO-01 would connect them up, but it is designed for the vehicles w/prem. sound and/or existing NAV units.

Have you installed your unit yet and am interested to know what you did about the speed and reverse head unit wires.

THANKS
Don't expect an answer from hslsrt-4. This thread is almost a year old and he hasn't posted since June of '07.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts