Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that what appears to be the entire US business phone book is in the NAV package. When entering a destination by name, it knew my company (IT Security firm) and was happy to route me to the office. That will make it VERY handy to find customer locations for salespeople!

I was also happy to discover that most destinations can be directly dialed via uConnect with a button press or two. This came in handy as the place I normally get a haircut was unable to accomodate me the other day. I simply looked for haircut places sorted by distance, and dialed each shop until I found one that had an opening, then routed right to it. Sweeet!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would have to agree with you on that this nav system is the best ever. I've had bmw's. Benz's, and they just don't compare. Very sweet set up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It also has a great feature, if you have the UConnect, to direct dial the business you have just looked up, so you can make reservations, etc.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice Nav, BUT my other car, Caddy SRX, has a better one.

It has touch screen; better detail, voice commands, and inverts to light over black at night for better viewing. Also it can be "rigged" to play DVD movies while driving--not that I would ever do such a thing-- :)

Even as it is, I like it. It's faster, and more intuitive, in entering destinations.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think the Jeep NAV directs extremely well - fast and accurate, but is slightly inferior in terms of inputting then the BMW and Porsche systems I've used, and those are not exactly cutting edge.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The data also appears to be somewhat dated and incomplete. It doesn't, for example, know the local Best Buy (which has been there for over 5 years), but does know about the next closest one.

I also wish there was a way to disable POIs greater than a given distance away (say over 200 miles). It is unlikely that I will ever look them up in that manner, but if I needed to, I could disable the feature temporarily.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Daimler-Chrysler is already buiding new Commander's with the latest touchscreen navigation system. It includes the ability to display the image from a rear-mounted camera.

The wiring is different, so you cannot just swap for your existing unit -- the dealer will put a separate display on your dash for the camera.

DVD update disks are version "AD" and the best place to get them is on Ebay for about $100.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Erik or anyone else:

Can you insert other DVD's (movies) into the newer Commander touchscreen Nav system (while the vehicle is in park)? I am getting ready to order an '07.

Thanks...Leslee

·
Registered
36 Posts
Idf:

I cannot answer that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts