Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone managed to do re-gearing over 3.73? any possible info?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I re-geared a v6 from 3.07's to 3.73's. I was going to order the 4.10's for my Jeep but decided I wanted to buy a newer Hemi XK. I'll re-gear that one with some 35 inch MT/Rs

Once the gears are installed you need a hypertech programmer to program the computer for the new gear ratio. They have 4.10's out now front and rear for our XK's

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I re-geared a v6 from 3.07's to 3.73's. I was going to order the 4.10's for my Jeep but decided I wanted to buy a newer Hemi XK. I'll re-gear that one with some 35 inch MT/Rs

Once the gears are installed you need a hypertech programmer to program the computer for the new gear ratio. They have 4.10's out now front and rear for our XK's
That is a good news. I already have the superchips programmer so I can do what hypertech does.

Who makes the gears ? Any info where I can buy them ?

No problems with the ELSD diffs?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Nitro gear makes the 4.10's and if I recall correctly they were tested on a QD II. I'm almost postitive the Flashpaq won't work, you need a hypertech.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nitro gear makes the 4.10's and if I recall correctly they were tested on a QD II. I'm almost postitive the Flashpaq won't work, you need a hypertech.
I was playing with the flashpaq and there is an option to change the ratio for the diffs .. isn't that what is needed to program?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I know it's an option on the flashpaq but I'm not positive it actually works properly to reprogram the computer. There have been several other tunes that are supposed to be able to correct the gear ratio and they didn't work

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's worth trying the Flashpaq first before spending the cash for something else.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Like I said I'm pretty sure the flashpaq has been tried in the past and didn't work. But of course you would still try it but plan on purchasing a hypertech

1 - 8 of 8 Posts