Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Higher Ground group is making a run to Crown King on October 10th if anyone wants to come with us, FOr those who have trailed with this group before they can tell you it will be a good ride.

Now that day is the 25th annual Crown King Chili Cook Off according to the Crown King calender, so it's probably going to be a busy day on the trail and in town. I've been wanting to go to the Chili Cook Off for a long time, I love good chili! So I'm willing to put up with the crowds if you are. We will be leaving from New Life at 7:00am, please let me know if you are going, hope to see you there!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Do you know who's commander is featured on you tube at the crown king hill climb? (the one without a front facia and bumper)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hey, here's a chance for 07JeepXK to show he can go anywhere 49'er can.:stickpoke:

Seriously though, I would love for my wife and I to drive the Commander out in that area of the country some day. Not this time though. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I'm with you GP. I would love to make the trip west for Camp Commander. Plus I would go see other things out there.

·
2,248 Posts
It is a long trip for me but I will try to make it. I might even have my new springs on by then.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know who's commander is featured on you tube at the crown king hill climb? (the one without a front facia and bumper)
The other Commander on U-Tube on that road is mine, the one going up the hill the Wranger had to try a half dozen times first and I went up on the first try.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Higher Ground group is making a run to Crown King on October 10th if anyone wants to come with us, FOr those who have trailed with this group before they can tell you it will be a good ride.

Now that day is the 25th annual Crown King Chili Cook Off according to the Crown King calender, so it's probably going to be a busy day on the trail and in town. I've been wanting to go to the Chili Cook Off for a long time, I love good chili! So I'm willing to put up with the crowds if you are. We will be leaving from New Life at 7:00am, please let me know if you are going, hope to see you there!
i will have to see you guys out their :cowfrown: i'm not doing the back till my XK gets a lift..:sick: take lots of pics ....wiash their was a way to see the formation how cool would that be....

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you make it look for us, I am not sure how many are going the back way but you cannot miss the Commanders!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm looking into going but I'm going to wuus out and take the easy way up. Ive got my 20 year class reunion on Friday and Saturday night. I doubt I'll be able to get by 7 in the morning on Sat!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
266 Posts

will the commander club flag be their?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
will the commander club flag be their?
Yes it will. Hopefully we can get a picture with all the Commanders if we can find a space together.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes it will. Hopefully we can get a picture with all the Commanders if we can find a space together.
ya that's goimg to be a strugle ....we may have to drive to a spot at some point if possible...if you guys start from the back you may be looking at around 4-5hours so maybe showing up round noon or 1p what do you think?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if you guys start from the back you may be looking at around 4-5hours so maybe showing up round noon or 1p what do you think?
Yes, we are thinking that we will get there between 1 & 2 pm

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heading out the door in a few minutes, looking forward to meeting up with some more Commanders on the trail. I will take the still and video camera.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Made it back home, dddonkey and I were the only ones who went but it was still fun. I left early to get to work so I do not know how it ended, I will post vids later

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got back also,it was a long day and I only needed help over two obsticals because of my stock height and mall tires. I did rub a little and got a little pin stripping. The 4XGuard belly guard really saved my tranny and it is less than a week old. We did a toyota get back on the trail after if almost slid off the side of the mountain, and someone else in the group towed a suzuki up the mountain after it broke. All and all it was a great day and fun trail, I do recommend a lift, and a full tank of fuel.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got back also,it was a long day and I only needed help over two obsticals because of my stock height and mall tires. I did rub a little and got a little pin stripping. The 4XGuard belly guard really saved my tranny and it is less than a week old. We did a toyota get back on the trail after if almost slid off the side of the mountain, and someone else in the group towed a suzuki up the mountain after it broke. All and all it was a great day and fun trail, I do recommend a lift, and a full tank of fuel.
CONGRATS! on making it stock ..i wont go up again without belly guards, tires, and lift HA!HA! :eyemouth:
i was up their round 11:00 and hung around till 3p. we(the family) wr thinking of heading to prescet down the back but it got a bit rough so we turned around and went by the country store then back to PHX....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts