Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take you guys to the ghost town of Tip Top. It's north of Lake Pleasant, the trail starts at I-17/Table Mesa Rd West. I figured we could meet around nine or ten a.m. for any one coming from aways. I can do it any weekend, so if 49er and Old Mcdonald wanna throw out a Sat or Sun date that works, we'll plan it!!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
That works for me. I have most Saturdays & Sundays off again. The only ones I cannot go on would be 10/17, 10/18, 11/1, 11/14, 11/15, 12/6

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in any sat or sun. just need to know about 5 days out to tell wife not to plan anything.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok lets try for Nov 8, we can meet at Table Mesa Road just west around 9am!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I can make it as long as I can be back home by 6:00 PM, Have Off-duty job that night.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We can definately be back in time for your offduty. Its only about 45 min drive once we hit dirt.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
You can count me in then. I did not get to the shop so my 4-lo does not work right, I assume that will not matter for this trail?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll be fine without 4-Lo. What happened to it?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
We're in as well. I'll bring my wife and little girl with. Do we meet where Table Mesa Road starts at the exit of the I-17?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
You'll be fine without 4-Lo. What happened to it?
It quite working on the back road to crown king and I have not bothered to take it in for repair yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Lets try to meet up around 9:00, just take I- 17 north to Table Mesa Rd and theres a large dirt field just east, we'll meet there. Any questions give me a call Dave 602-316-3503. I'll have my wife and two boys along for the ride. We'll Check out the Ruins of Tip Top, Gilette and a really
cool old Indian Fort on top of a mesa that overlooks the Agua Fria.
FYI Just took the Commander into the Avondale Jeep dealership for $2000-2500 worth of work (Im glad I bought the extended warranty)!!! So far they have treated me really good. They took it right in and started working on it. A/c Blower motor died, something to do with the front differential mounts (transmission was clunking), and a leaking exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yea there might be a white wrangler tagging along with us, so we can practice offroad vehicle recovery's with it. hahahahaha

·
Registered
67 Posts
Would you mind one more? I just got some new struts want to hit some dirt roads.

·
2,248 Posts
I will try to make it also. Sometimes it is hard to plan that far ahead.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Would you mind one more? I just got some new struts want to hit some dirt roads.
The more the better! Always room for another Commander.

·
2,248 Posts
Lee and I are planning on going. See you in the morning.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looking forward to it, the wife is searching for geo-caches near the ghost town too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok we should be all set for tomorrow, weather should be perfect, see everyone around 9:00.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Just washed and gassed up the Jeep. See you at 9:00

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.