Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mopar catalog came out a few days ago, and shows an add on back up camera system for the Commander, Grand Cherokee and Pacifica. Uses a 3.5" LCD screen mounted somewhere on the windshield. Have not seen one in person yet but I think we have one on order and will post details after the install.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JoeTampa said:
That's been in the catalog already - and is on the Mopar web site.

Didnt see it in the old one, and the new catalog doesnt have a price listed next to it even though they have it listed on the Mopar site.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Was at a dealership ~2weeks ago and they had it in their catalog at that time. Don't know if they had a price as I am waiting for one to integrate into the NAV system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got the camera installed. I have been meaning to post pictures but haven't had the chance. Will try to do that tomorrow night. If you can wait, I think it would be worth waiting for Nav integration.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JoeTampa said:
Was at a dealership ~2weeks ago and they had it in their catalog at that time. Don't know if they had a price as I am waiting for one to integrate into the NAV system.
We just got new ones two days ago, first time I saw it. They had some information about it before but not in the parts catalog. The price on the Mopar site was $529 or $589, cant recall which.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ladeefrickenda said:
I've got the camera installed. I have been meaning to post pictures but haven't had the chance. Will try to do that tomorrow night. If you can wait, I think it would be worth waiting for Nav integration.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is never an option for an add on, factory only, like park assist on the other models. The add on is not the same as the factory unit, same goes for U Connect. Especially since there is no video input for the current REC radio.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One dealership in Seattle had no clue about the optional camera even though I found it in plane sight in their Mopar accessories catalog. The parts manager finally found the part number. They said it would be about $900 insalled...ouch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Funny, I went to one dealer which had no clue as to the options the Jeep Commander has to offer and then went to another dealership that has everything to offer...including the BACK UP CAMERA.

It's an interesting thing but wished it was more "intergrated" with the vehicle rather than an "add-on." Regardless, it's definately a nice thing to have.

I don't know about other Jeep commanders or dealerships, but this one is mounted on the left hand side of the windshield. It sticks out like a radar detector, portable GPS nav system, satellite radio..etc.

You get the idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ladeefrickenda said:
Can you post some pictures?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts