Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
That was fun, when do you want to go again?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Awsome videos!

How come you dont have a front bumper or fender flares???

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would guess he took them of to get a better approach angle. The stock bumper just drops too far down in front of the tire. I've been tempted to do it a couple of times myself.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
That scares me! Excellent driving and terrific spotters.

But if you were a nice guy, you would have given those other guys a ride up the hill instead of making the walk.:stickpoke:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I got a little funny feeling in my stomach, I thought Old Mac was going to put it on its side.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Very nice! I will make it out there someday to wheel. It may not be soon but someday. Every time I see a vid from you guys out in the desert it makes me want to pack up and leave today.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Very nice! I will make it out there someday to wheel. It may not be soon but someday. Every time I see a vid from you guys out in the desert it makes me want to pack up and leave today.
You are more than welcome to join us anytime.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So is that whats under the bumper when u take it off or was that a fab one? If thats whats under i think im gonna take mine off... i like the look and added approach angle clearence.... Almost looks like a wrangler bumper to me.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
So is that whats under the bumper when u take it off or was that a fab one? If thats whats under i think im gonna take mine off... i like the look and added approach angle clearence.... Almost looks like a wrangler bumper to me.
Thats what it looks like under the bumper.

·
Registered
266 Posts
here are a few reasons to get a lift before going up the back road to Crown King...:sick:
please go to my albums to see picks of damage!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The bottom of my Commander used to look like similar to yours. The first time I took the XK off road I hit a stump that was sticking out of the ground in the middle of a mud hole and bend my transmission crossmember worse then yours. It had to be torched off because it was bent so bad I couldnt get to the bolts to take it off. Id suggest replacing the tansmission crossmember and getting full skids and a lift before off roading!!!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I think you can do the back road without major damage, you just have to hit all the by-passes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The bottom of my Commander used to look like similar to yours. The first time I took the XK off road I hit a stump that was sticking out of the ground in the middle of a mud hole and bend my transmission crossmember worse then yours. It had to be torched off because it was bent so bad I couldnt get to the bolts to take it off. Id suggest replacing the tansmission crossmember and getting full skids and a lift before off roading!!!

sure now you tell me :rofl: i was told i may loose my plastic molding ....funny i was half excpecting for that to happen insted of the underbelly and two tires LOLOL:ugh2:.... LIft! Lift! Lift!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think you can do the back road without major damage, you just have to hit all the by-passes.
but i did do the bypasses and stacking of rocks ... all in all i was never more proud of my XK and so wr the guys they wr surprized with the capabilities of the commander ( and stock for that matter)....they all had 4" to 6" lifts wranglers, rubies, and Fj's :rofl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts