Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me how to activate the sound on the backing up system. I can see all the lights come up including the red ones but there is no sound. How do you activate the sound alert or is it malfunctioning?

·
Banned
94 Posts
XKTX said:
can someone tell me how to activate the sound on the backing up system. I can see all the lights come up including the red ones but there is no sound. How do you activate the sound alert or is it malfunctioning?
Sound should automatically come on - no activation on your part required.

You might want to try having someone spot you and backing slowly towards a stationary object (like a curb or a wall) and see if the sound does activate. The sound should come one at about the same time as the red lights.

If not, take it back to your dealership and have them look at it.

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
meat said:
Sound should automatically come on - no activation on your part required.

You might want to try having someone spot you and backing slowly towards a stationary object (like a curb or a wall) and see if the sound does activate. The sound should come one at about the same time as the red lights.

If not, take it back to your dealership and have them look at it.

Your pal,
Meat.
Thank you for your response I will try it tonight.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I tried last night and it worked. The alert sound goes off when your are near an object about 12'' from it. Thanks for all the input.

·
Banned
94 Posts
XKTX said:
Ok, I tried last night and it worked. The alert sound goes off when your are near an object about 12'' from it. Thanks for all the input.
Glad I could help.

I checked mine again this morning and yeah, you're about a foot away when the beeping starts. It's somewhat disconcerting - even having the backup camera and knowing that you haven't hit anything yet - to get that close to something wih the backend of the truck! :eek:

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
meat said:
Glad I could help.

I checked mine again this morning and yeah, you're about a foot away when the beeping starts. It's somewhat disconcerting - even having the backup camera and knowing that you haven't hit anything yet - to get that close to something wih the backend of the truck! :eek:

Your pal,
Meat.
Well you don't want it beeping everytime you put it in reverse. When I back into a parking spot I back up slowly watching the LEDs and then stop as soon as the beeping starts. Works perfectly every time.

·
Registered
688 Posts
XKTX said:
Mine seems a bit more sensitive. I am pretty sure is begins to beep when I'm about 2 and a half to 3 feet from something and begins to beep more rapidly as I get closer. At a foot it's like when the red alert warning goes off on the SS Enterprise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts