Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: I am new here and have a question. I have a 2008 Jeep Commander Overland and don't really do any offroading. I went fishing over the weekend at an out of the way spot. Tiny dirt road probably only meant for 4 wheel drive vehicles. I got the the lake okay but when my son took the Jeep on the road to get back out, he hit a puddle that was deeper than expected. The Jeep got stuck and only 2 wheels were spinning. I believe the Jeep has the quadra trac II system. He was pulled out by a nice guy who happened to come by who had a four wheel drive. At the risk of losing my Jeep card, it was a Toyota :(. After that, there was a message on the dash about service 4 wheel drive or something like that which has since gone away. I am taking the Jeep in to the dealer soon to have it checked out but wondered if anyone here has had the same issue. The guy at the dealer seemed to indicate there is some type of reset procedure or system check for the 4 wheel drive. I'm going to check the manual before going in but thought I would post here as well. Btw, this commander has been a terrific vehicle. I wish they still made it because I would definitely buy another. Waiting for the next 7 passenger Jeep vehicle to come out. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't know for sure about the Service 4 wheel Drive message but I have seen a lot of threads on the subject and I'm sure a quick search would give you more results than you knew what to do with. Did you put the commander in 4 low when you were trying to get out of the puddle? Sucks a Toyota had to pull you out. Your jeep was probably more embarrassed than you haha ;)
On a side note, I agree the commander is an awesome vehicle and jeep is supposed to come out with another 7 seat vehicle in 2015 or 2016. All though I am extremely skeptical with the recent direction that jeep has taken with their other vehicles..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks chaotic, I should have thought to do a search before posting. A bit disheartening to see the posts about the recall and how some Commanders will not go into 4 low after the recall work performed. That seems to be the case with my Commander because I know that mine went into 4 low a while back and it will not now. I liked the comment about the Jeep being more embarrassed. I was reluctant to mention the Toyota because I thought there might be an unwritten rule that you are only allowed to be pulled out by another Jeep :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts