Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now...just wondering what to do next...

I'm trying to get some overlanding trips before November and have about $2,000 to spend...

What should I get first:

Recovery and communication gear
RTT
Front/Rear Bumpers
Body armor

TYIA

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should be workin now. Had to change privacy settings.

FB is much easier as I can upload an entire album in mere seconds. The most I've seen on here is a 3 batch upload. 71 photos divided by 3 is roughly 24 times...which equals about 48 total clicks when you factor in having to "save changes." Unless there's an album upload button I'm missing... :)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

FB is much easier as I can upload an entire album in mere seconds. The most I've seen on here is a 3 batch upload. 71 photos divided by 3 is roughly 24 times...which equals about 48 total clicks when you factor in having to "save changes." Unless there's an album upload button I'm missing... :)
Im getting page not found.

Try imgur or something.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed.

I also have some videos I'll upload, especially about redoing the lights on the center console area.

Interestingly, I had posted not that long ago that my parking brake indicator wasn't working. After I had taking the trim off to work on the lights, it came on again once I put it back together...it'll show in the video. Once I turned the car off and on again, the light wasn't working. Strange. I haven't ordered the cable yet but will soon.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts

Sorry, but if you're too lazy to post your build thread here - I'm too lazy to go to Facebook & look at it.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
lol

some things aren't meant for everyone...
You're correct.

We should not have to go to another website to view a build thread you are talking about here.

Let me simplify this for you - if you want to talk about your XK build on this forum - post your build thread here, on this forum, which I encourage you to do.

This thread is now closed.

EDIT 9/25/2018: Thread re-opened after PM exchange with the OP.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally found the issue!!

After I had installed the new lift, I had been hearing a rattling sound on the passenger side. Nobody could seem to figure it out, and 4Wheels in Portland said it was my rear sway bar end links...

Well, found the culprit.

Can’t upload videos here so I attached a link to the YouTube showing it. Hopefully it works.

https://youtu.be/cN0xHlzFNsE

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Finally found the issue!!

After I had installed the new lift, I had been hearing a rattling sound on the passenger side. Nobody could seem to figure it out, and 4Wheels in Portland said it was my rear sway bar end links...

Well, found the culprit.

Can’t upload videos here so I attached a link to the YouTube showing it. Hopefully it works.

https://youtu.be/cN0xHlzFNsE
I have been through my XK with a fine tooth comb, inside & out, in the engine bay and crawling underneath it, many times over - just because of the kind of issues you found.

Nice work.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Love the video!

You went with 5100s all around? I'm being told by Kolak to do 4600s in front and 5100s in rear with OME HD.
You should do 4600s up front. 5100s are meant to lift the front by 3/4" up to 2", so combined with a lift you'll end up sitting way too high. There are instances where 5100s work up front, specifically if you end up with a rake even after your lift, but as a general rule they'll put you too high. 5100s in the rear are perfect since they're long enough for the extra travel of a lift.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some thangs!

Finally did the pinch weld mod...still have some small rubbing when full tilt, but barely. The plastic liner sticks out a little, I may end up drilling it and tacking on another body screw.

Also, changed the sparks plugs, they were pretty bad!...went with AutoLite iridiums....and then got the codes. NKG’s were in there before.

Anyone have trouble running AutoLites? May call RockAuto to see about exchanging the rest of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How do you like that Rooftop tent?
LOVE...and sort of hate...it! SUPER simple to open and close and it is extremely roomy!

Down sides: the mattress is pretty terrible and the "thermal" insulation isn't that warm. Many people upgrade their mattress to the Exped MegaMats and use those little propane heaters in the tent. From my couple nights in there, when I was freezing, my back had a terrible time. BUT, hopefully that will change once I upgrade the mattress. Oh, and you can't leave anything up there when you close it...like your bedding. All that stuff has to come out, which is a huge bummer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts