Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my 06 Commander is making quite the noise.
Only when the motor is running, it is a squeek type, it almost sounds like a belt or something is loose. I took it down to the dealership today (for an oil change too, also some of the front of the vehicle is screwed up for God knows what reasons) & they said it might be a pulley somewhere in the vehicle? it sounds like it's coming from right side, too. ughh.

maybe it's cause i got it in water hood high?

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Saturate15 said:
maybe it's cause i got it in water hood high?
That may be the reason. Hope you didn't tell the dealer that. And you better hope he doesn't read this Forum. And why in the world would you do that in the first place ? The water fording depth on a stock Commander is 19 inches.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I think we need to see some pics or vids of the hood-high to judge accurately.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is it a terrible squeeling noise? Mine is coming out of the fromt passenger side. I thought it was my intake, but maybe not???

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
curleycommander said:
Is it a terrible squeeling noise? Mine is coming out of the fromt passenger side. I thought it was my intake, but maybe not???
yes, it is a terrible squealing noise.

as far as the water, it was an accident.. an "omg, the parking lot ended, now we're in water.." type thing.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Instant hood level water from a parking lot? I need to get down there!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Any update on what the dealer found?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I'm actually just getting ready to take it down.

As far as the parking lot, I'll have to take pics once it's all dried up, cause it looked level! haha. Pavement must have just ended.. & I had no idea. aha.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:
The noise was the a/c compressor bearings going out. A new compressor has been ordered UNDER WARRANTY :D and will be here early next week.

I had some minor front end damage from a parking incident, which pisses me off, that is $830 to fix. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts