Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow Jeepers...

I have a bad grinding/rattling/metallic/bearing noise from the front of my Jeep CRD -06.
I've changed the idlers cause they where bad (didnt change the belt cause the dealer was out of them), not much, but enough to make me sure that thats where my problem was, unfortunately the sound didnt go away.
I couldnt find anything else that felt worn, and the sound doesent change when turning the AC on.
I have no waterleaks either.

Now I feel a bit stupid for not starting the engine with the belt off, to make sure the sound goes away, kinda scared that theres something in the engine thats making the noise...

I filmed the noise with my phone, it think it sounds more aggressive/higher in the video than in real life, doesent really sounds the same, do you guys have any ideas of what I will do next?

http://s357.photobucket.com/user/boxer2015/media/VID_20150108_235218_zps6fzjjaqi.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

·
Registered
180 Posts
Could be a lot of things. I had a loose bolt on my flywheel in a different vehicle that made a similar sound. Of course that wasn't coming from the front of the engine.

Get a length of hose and use it as a stethoscope to better identify the exact origin of the noise. Check valve covers, A/C, Alternator, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts