Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for anyone that wants to make a trip to the badlands between now and June 6th. I'm off until the 6th when I start a new job and would like to get out once before then but don't want to go solo. I wouldn't mind going to the cliffs either if anyone would rather do that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man i wish i could make it, maybe late June

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'll go Saturday, June 4th!

·
Registered
68 Posts
damn June 4th im working at the memorial tounament. how are the trails at badlands?

·
Registered
954 Posts
We actually spoke offline and decided we're going to go the evening of Friday, May 27th to the Badlands, camp there overnight and hit the trails all day Saturday the 28th. It'll be three Commanders so far so anyone else is welcome to join.

·
Registered
127 Posts
can't wait, just need new tires and I'm good to go. If anyone wants to get there eariler on Friday let me know. I'm free all day.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was thinking of going on the 3rd and 4th. Isnt that when Jamboree is going on as well?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I might be up for sat the 4th. No huge mud holes in the sand pit this time.

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
I was thinking of going on the 3rd and 4th. Isnt that when Jamboree is going on as well?
Yep, the Jeep jamboree is at the Badlands from June 2nd to the 4th.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I for one hope for rain a day before and lots of mud again. No better feeling than driving around completely covered in mud and other jeep owners waving. Funny thing is after almost a year there's still mud on her. :)

Chris, bring extra spare parts - like a CV joint,tire,tie rod,new engine, cowboy hat and your good to go. ;)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Bump! Anyone else for this Friday and Saturday? Got 4 so far.

·
Registered
127 Posts
No worries on the V6! Both me and Oscar have the V6 and we do just fine. Last year I went to the Badlands completely stock and kept up with all of them. Just have to watch out for low area's, take good lines, and keep your eyes open. Take a look for yourself, mine is the dark brown on and Oscar's is the white one.

You'd be surprised in what the V6 QT-1 can do. Hope you make it out!

·
Registered
954 Posts
3.7s able to wheel out there? I would like to go eventually but need someone to meet with and teach me the ropes. Just worried I won't have the power to get through it.
Come on out with us, we usually ride pretty safe and don't get too crazy so we know our limits and we usually spot each other too for the best lines so this will be a good learning opportunity for you.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Attica weather forecast for Friday and Saturday partly coudy with 20 percent chance of precipitation high of 79 Saturday. Thunderstorms from now until then = lots of mud.

·
Registered
127 Posts
LMAO, never been happier to see rain forecast for the weekend :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts