Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading down to the Badlands http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/ in Indiana on Friday night for wheeling on Saturday 4/30/11. If anyone wants to meet up let me know. You can reach me on my [email protected] 608.513.1836

I'll be flat-towing my neighbors a)wrangler or b)rubicon unlimited (if he takes delivery before Friday). A few others from the Madison area with wranglers and cherokees will be with us as well, even a Suzuki Samurai.

-Brendon

·
Registered
954 Posts
I was actually considering going this saturday with my son too so if I do go i'll definitely give you a call.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Brendon, you should be careful about posting your cell number on the internet. There are several automatic spider programs looking for it. You should make it something like 6 zero ate - five 13 - eighteen36.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the concern Bobula. I used to do all that cryptic coding when online; but at this point I'm sure whoever wants it already has it. I'm more concerned about putting my email out there.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Can't make this weekend. Our local club, www.qcjeepers.com is helping out with the Monster Jam show.

Take lots of pics/vids and post them up!
Jer- What will you be doing for the Monster Jam Show? I used to go to those a lot growing up and now i can't wait for my son to be old enough to go, I miss them. Take lots of pics as well to share.

·
Registered
954 Posts
We helped set up the banners and cars today along with other misc stuff. I never knew the cars were tied together with seat belts!

Gonna be a long day tomorrow.
Tied together with seat belts?! With their own seat belts? That's odd. Well I never knew they were actually tied together and I would think that if they did tie them together they would've used chains. Will you get to drive your Jeep over the cars? lol. Have fun out there!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Brendon- are you guys camping over night tonight? I'll be leaving Chicago around 6 am and hope to get there by 10 or 11 since I beleive they are an hour ahead. I'll call you as soon as we arrive and maybe I can meet you guys on the trails. Will this be your first time?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm leaving Madison in a couple minutes. We have a room reserved somerwhere around there for tonight.

This will be my first time there. We plan on trying to be there around 9 or 10 am.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm leaving Madison in a couple minutes. We have a room reserved somerwhere around there for tonight.

This will be my first time there. We plan on trying to be there around 9 or 10 am.
I know of a few good trails I can show you. Have a safe trip and I'll see you guys tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As requested

Have to be friends to see. Send request if you want.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1688957063870
It will be on photobucket soon as well along with other stuff.

They completely tore this axle down and rebuilt it in about an hour!

Banners they gave us. I think this one will look good in the garage.

I would've gotten more but I busted my phone before the second show. :(

More pics at www.qcjeepers.com

Hope you all had a blast at the Badlands!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hey there Brendon, was that you in the silver XK leading a group of about 8? I didn't join the pack because I actually brought the family with me for a road trip and they wanted to explore on our own. It wasn't as fun riding the trials on my own especially since I almost got stuck twice lol but it was still good being out there. Hopefully we can get more XKs out for Camp Commander in August.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was me in the silver one. My front bumper got pulled off for the 4th time now... I'm running out of zipties.

If I can ever track down our group photographer, I'll put up some pics. Unfortunately with me leading, we usually didn't know a spot was a good picture spot until after I had already gone through.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Did you guys enjoy it? Once I went deep into the woods I didn't see anybody on the trails, were you guys mostly climbing the hills. I ALMOST regretted not having gone at least with one other person because I went down pretty far by the river and almost couldn't find a way back up lol. They changed the trails on me and one part was really soft dirt with a steep climb and the XK was not budging. I managed to find a smaller ATV trail to reach the top and I ended up with pin stripes, it was fun though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We played in the quarry, did most of green, blue and orange trails, followed the river, lots of hill climbs and lots of mud. Also helped out a few unfortunate souls who were wheeling alone and got stuck.

·
Registered
954 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts