Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Huh ? never heard of such. Why would you ? Trying to get the euro look ? How hot does it have to get ? My paint booth bakes at 175 , anything hotter and I'd be afraid of melting something.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The actual lens is amber, not an amber insert that you shatter and remove like some headlights. Your only option for clear lights is to order from a foreign dealership. You could black them out like some on the forum have done, that would be easier and a heck of alot cheaper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh so baing is no dice? ya not paying for a euro one, that expensive! i read that the ones you can bake are baked at 200 for 15 min smitty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about this? where do you think i can get some new fender flares? i want the ones that have the allen bolts in the top. oh and i scouered the net to find some euro lights and nothing!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
how about this? where do you think i can get some new fender flares? i want the ones that have the allen bolts in the top.
Best bet would be ebay or a junk yard unless you want to spend big bucks and get them from a dealer. They do not come painted from the dealer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The actual lens is amber, not an amber insert that you shatter and remove like some headlights. Your only option for clear lights is to order from a foreign dealership. You could black them out like some on the forum have done, that would be easier and a heck of alot cheaper.
I agree with yanser. A while back I looked at every option for having the clear lenses and finally gave up. I ended up tinting the turn signals and am very pleased with the outcome. Would definitely recommend you do the same. The only time you notice that the lens is yellow is when your blinkers are on. Other than that, whether it is day or night, both lenses look completely black. Pretty effective way to get rid of the ugly amber look without breaking the bank.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Here is a post I found:

04-07-2009, 08:57 PM
dhh3

I replaced my standard flares with limited flares. You have to buy all 6 pieces: 2 front fenders, 2 rear fenders, 2 rear doors (they come black). You have to buy all the retainers (there are 3 types on each flare). I paid $1,295.77 for the flares and the retainers. The chrome allen bolts are actually plastic. They are two pieces. One is white plastic you push into the hole, the other is the "chrome" bolt you push into the first one - held in by friction. It cost $730.27 to have the flares painted and installed which included removing the existing flares, which entails ruining the retainers. I had left over retainers for credit so the chrome allen bolts were $78.11. I traded in a 2003 Liberty Renegade for my Commander. The Renegade had these exposed Allen head flares, so it was the only thing missing when I made the trade. $2,000. is a lot of money, but it was worth it to me - it makes the Jeep a Jeep.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
how about this? where do you think i can get some new fender flares? i want the ones that have the allen bolts in the top. oh and i scouered the net to find some euro lights and nothing!
Yeah, salvage yard , ebay , or dealer. The ones you want are for a Limited. And no, they don't come pre-painted from dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts