Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I do. Check out the RoofRack! thread in this discussion (Interior / Exterior Modifications) for pictures. Funny you should ask about wind noise because I didn't notice any until this week when I had a bunch of people in the truck and the radio was off. It isn't bad at all, but you can hear it a little bit. Even if it were loud I'd put up with it because I love the way it looks.

Erik

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Yakima Loadwarrior with a middle extension since the spare tire took up the whole thing, don't have a pic up yet (will soon) but it looks great. I have MT/Rs on it too so hard to say where the noise is all coming from. It's not bad though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I did a google on "Yakima Loadwarrior". That seems like a very affordable option. I am sure we all would appreciate if you post pictures of it. It comes in two sizes, and with an available extension. What size do you have? There is also an option to mount lights, I wish it was an easy mod to do without drilling... Happy Thanksgiving by the way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yakima has 2 basket options. The Loadwarrior is 39" wide and the Megawarrior is 48" wide. Mine is the Loadwarrior. They both have an 'extension' option to increase the length. My extension is 18" so that the tire doesn't fill the whole thing. Note also that with this big of a rack, it was recommended to me to use a third crossbar to keep them from bending from the weight of the spare and whatever other cargo.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also posted a couple more pics of the whole vehicle on the picture thread.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just ordered a Yakima Load Warrior from rackattack.com ... Should be in before the weekend :)

I'll be in Big Bear the following weekend for my birthday. I'll see if I can do some light offroading there :) (I still have stock Forteras ... and NerfBars that took up some clearance... so no rock crawling for me at this time) ...

But I'll be looking for some snow to play in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts