Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was entering a touchless car wash and the side sprayers were cleaning my wheels the charge battery light came on - my fog lights turned off as well as my heated seats. A few minutes later it went away and all was good. Was it due to the water? Or just a fluke?

·
Registered
398 Posts
You had an electrical short. Next time you might want to look closely in the engine compartment, right after, to see if water is built up somewhere. Carry a flashlight.

·
Registered
258 Posts
wow...we've been in a few carwashes but not had that happened yet. I'll keep an eye out

·
Registered
156 Posts
The touchless wash blow water horizontally into the wheel wells and can spray water up towards the altenator wheel, causing the charge light to come on due to the voltage drop.
Most car washes have the guy who washes/scrubs the wheel and power washes it off before the wash rinses the car. Because its a guy aiming at an angle you woul dnot get the water flow of the touchless systems, which is why most wont get that. You can always get some 3m tape and just re-enforce the innter well areas, and the tape is waterproof and heat resistant and wont interfere with the engine at all.
But in warmer climates it might add heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts