Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a dead battery would be covered under the warranty for my 08 XK? My wife recently brought her Navigator in for a dead battery - replaced no charge, IT was over 3 years old.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It should be, and I am quoting from my 2007 warranty booklet
2.1 B "There is no list of covered parts since the only exception are tires and Koss headphones. You pay nothing for these repairs. These warranty repairs or adjustments - including all parts and labor connected with them - will be made by your dealer at no charge, using new or remanufactured parts."

Good Luck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My 2006 had a dead battery last fall sometime. They sent the truck to come get it and me. Put me in a rental and off to work I went. They worked it into their daily schedule to be sure it was "only" the dead battery and I came back and picked it up that night - no charge.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As long as they can test the battery and show that it is no good, it will be covered under warranty. They will actually hook it up to their scanner and it runs a battery of tests on it. It will spit out a code that they will use when running the warranty claim. You should be good to go with a warranty replaced battery!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts